Eddie Current HD2 I'm still in love

jp11801

I've listened to it with K1000s and preferred both the F1 and Sig 30 to it. That was before Craig tweaked it some more, so I'm not sure how it sounds now. IIRC, he designed it around the K1000s, so it should be sounding pretty sweet about now.

yes it sounds great with the k1000s but I can't get the hp-2s off my head, balanced they sound great.

here are a few pics I took after it arrived these are the pics with the bent frame courtesy of DHL

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

Hmm. Those aluminum caps are Russian surplus teflon caps in the "FT" series (not the K7x series most use). These go for around $4/each on Agon. I also see some Solen caps.

I suppose one could argue the amp has been voiced with these caps, or take a chance and change'em all to V Cap Teflons and see what happens :)

OT. Is there a reason why the column is so narrow that I have to use the left-right slider to view the full pic"

OT. Is there a reason why the column is so narrow that I have to use the left-right slider to view the full pic"

There are two buttons at the top of the page next to the "LOGOUT" button that should allow you to toggle both the left and right supplemental columns and allow for a wider message pane. I run with both sidebars shut off so that I get maximum thread space.

There are two buttons at the top of the page next to the "LOGOUT" button that should allow you to toggle both the left and right supplemental columns and allow for a wider message pane. I run with both sidebars shut off so that I get maximum thread space.

OT - thanks Nate for that. I thought maybe my comp was messed up.

Thanks Nate. I had been wondering if it was possible to shut off those sidebars as well, but hadn't gotten around to actually look for a way to do it.

Hmm. Those aluminum caps are Russian surplus teflon caps in the "FT" series (not the K7x series most use). These go for around $4/each on Agon. I also see some Solen caps.

I suppose one could argue the amp has been voiced with these caps, or take a chance and change'em all to V Cap Teflons and see what happens :)

I would like to try vcaps in this amp but who knows if it will make much difference if the caps are $100 going interstage tranny coupled would not be much more??

Awesome reply! I hated the compressed replies.

• 11 months later...