Zanth's GS1K/RS-1/MS-Pro/PS-1/HP-1000 Review Is Up

postjack

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly i went back to see how all this blew up into a big loaf of shit for me. why don't all of you guys going off on me go a couple of pages back and see how insane some of the reactions were to some innocent BS that i was saying. i told a guy that he should give the ED9s a shot since he wasn't 100% pleased with the headphones he's had. OK, i might've said it like a neanderthal, but it wasn't meant to be insulting. FUCK and you guys really freakin stick up for each other here. Good 4 all of U! Captain English I am now awaiting your corrections.....

good god you just keep throwing fuel on the fire

All the gs1000 love ruined the review for me. I disagree on almost all his gs1k comments really.

Biggie.

Maybe Zanth can chime in but I believe he owns the original gs1000 prototype (or one of them). If you believe that the proto sounds different from the production as others have reported, that may be the reason.

honestly i went back to see how all this blew up into a big loaf of shit for me.
Seems pretty obvious from over here. People are telling you, you ain't listenin'.

Thick skin is pretty much the converse of diplomacy. You know how diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip? Thick skin means being told that you have a small dick, and reading that as your fly being down -- I.E. filtering the useful information out of the post.

Oh, and whining about how you're being treated == swift trip to being ignored, ridiculed, pointed at and laughed at.

#1 way to come across like a jackass on a forum you're new to is to say something like "I'm learning as I'm typing here." Wait... That's exactly what you said...

How about you step away from the keyboard and spend a little time here using only your mouse and figure out how things work. Save posting for when you have something to say and know how it will be taken here.

As near as I can tell, more than haf your posts are throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. The others are justifying a deal that didn't even happen over here. So stop.

Get to know the place, then post. Do not post to get to know the place, unless you want people's opinion of you to stay the same. And here's a hint... So far I'd have to say that said opinion isn't much to hang your hat on.

I also disagree with Zanth's take on the GS1K. I feel like the GS1K is a "defensive" response from Grado. The GS1K, to me, seems to be a response to critics of the Grado house sound rather than a refinement and extension of it. I find the highs to be soft and unengaging (maybe due to Meet conditions, though). I don't know; the GS1K seems to lack cohesion. Does anyone know what I'm trying (maybe unsuccessfully) to say? :mikey2:

I also disagree with Zanth's take on the GS1K. I feel like the GS1K is a "defensive" response from Grado. The GS1K, to me, seems to be a response to critics of the Grado house sound rather than a refinement and extension of it. I find the highs to be soft and unengaging (maybe due to Meet conditions, though). I don't know; the GS1K seems to lack cohesion. Does anyone know what I'm trying (maybe unsuccessfully) to say? :mikey2:

I think what your trying to say is that the best part of listening to them is the last part where you rip them off your head and then give a sigh of relief. Ok, that might just be me. :P

Biggie.

Maybe Zanth can chime in but I believe he owns the original gs1000 prototype (or one of them). If you believe that the proto sounds different from the production as others have reported, that may be the reason.

He doesn't own one of the prototypes, though he did hear both prototype pairs well before they were introduced at the national meet. If I recall correctly he preferred both prototypes to the final version.

GS1K treble soft? I think thats the first time I've ever heard that. I think their treble is brash, harsh and bright as hell.

That is a great part II to his review. It had been so long since the first part that I was pretty certain we would never see this.

Anyhow, after reading his review and the impressions here and on head-fi, all of the opposition is making really want to try the GS1K's to see where I fall. I've also still yet to experience the RS-1. I took the HF-1 -> HP2 -> PS1 path and skipped a few steps in between. Hearing those two is on my list of things to do but that damn elusive Qualia still ranks highest at the moment.

Guest sacd lover

GS1K treble soft? I think thats the first time I've ever heard that. I think their treble is brash, harsh and bright as hell.

No kidding .... the treble on the GS1000 is grating and unrefined.

..i told a guy that he should give the ED9s a shot since he wasn't 100% pleased with the headphones he's had. ...

Man, this is too painful to watch unfold. Let me help you out a bit and suggest that you do a search here under "Edition 9" before posting any more about them :)

He doesn't own one of the prototypes, though he did hear both prototype pairs well before they were introduced at the national meet. If I recall correctly he preferred both prototypes to the final version.

Thanks for clarifying that. So we have no idea which GS1000 he is referring to, his current new one or the previous prototypes that he has.

So we have no idea which GS1000 he is referring to, his current new one or the previous prototypes that he has.

In the "Units Reviewed" section of Part II he states "After 1.5 years, the GS-1000's too are well worked in, they have been my main headphone since I received them and I'd estimate 1200-1400 hours on them as a minimum", so I would assume this review was performed with a non-prototype pair of the GS1K's.

IIRC bozebuttons has one of the prototypes and I can't remember who has the other. I believe Jude had one of them at one point in time.