Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

• 2 weeks later...
At my parents house they have some five to six foot snowbanks on either side of their driveway.

Once it stops snowing, which according to the forecast is sometime tomorrow evening, I'll go take some pictures of my area. The unfortunate suckers who live on the dead end streets already have 8' snowbanks.

We have spring here in Oslo, about a month early.

When I was in high school, there was a foreign exchange student from Oslo who always wore shorts, even in the Michigan winters, which aren't exactly warm. He called them "short pants," not "shorts.' I thought it was cute, but I was 14 at the time.

When I was in high school, there was a foreign exchange student from Oslo who always wore shorts, even in the Michigan winters, which aren't exactly warm. He called them "short pants," not "shorts.' I thought it was cute, but I was 14 at the time.

Incidentally, shorts in Japanese translate to "half-pants." Oh, and we don't pluralize them either, it's one pant, darn it!

I can assure you that this is not normal here. For most people shorts are no go untill at least May.

here in Cincinnati, Spring is a two week period between months of cold wet weather and months of hot wet weather. Autumn is about the same.

Did you guys get hit even harder last night, too? It's more than a foot over here. I went sledding with some friends & younger cousins down a 100 foot hill. Great stuff. The thing is, I decided to take a running start for my last run, riding on one of the little disc sleds. I veered off to the left to avoid hitting a toddler making his way up the hill, and hit a big bump going backwards, and ended up doing a barrel roll or two. When I got up, I realized that I'd shat myself. I've either dislocated/broken something in my pelvis, or there's just a lot of swelling. Worst place to get injured ever.

Did you guys get hit even harder last night, too? It's more than a foot over here. I went sledding with some friends & younger cousins down a 100 foot hill. Great stuff. The thing is, I decided to take a running start for my last run, riding on one of the little disc sleds. I veered off to the left to avoid hitting a toddler making his way up the hill, and hit a big bump going backwards, and ended up doing a barrel roll or two. When I got up, I realized that I'd shat myself. I've either dislocated/broken something in my pelvis, or there's just a lot of swelling. Worst place to get injured ever.

Yes it is. Go to the ER so they can x-ray it. If you do have an injury to the head of your femur you need to get it sorted out relatively quickly. The head of the femur (part of the pelvic bone/femur joint) is not very vascular and can lose its blood supply in a short time. It's been a while since I've done orthopedics so I don't know the exact time frame.

Yes it is. Go to the ER so they can x-ray it. If you do have an injury to the head of your femur you need to get it sorted out relatively quickly. The head of the femur (part of the pelvic bone/femur joint) is not very vascular and can lose its blood supply in a short time. It's been a while since I've done orthopedics so I don't know the exact time frame.

Unfortunately, with this snow, going to the hospital is an impossibility. We can barely get out of the driveway.

I think it's just a minor injury, with most of the pain being caused by swelling. If I fractured the head of my femur, wouldn't I be unable to walk? I can walk, although going up the stairs is quite the challenge. My thigh isn't numb, or tingly, which should happen if there's a lot of blood loss. I also think it would hurt a lot more. This is about a 4-5 on my pain scale, 10 being when I fell out of a tree and onto a mound of fire ants.

If it's just as bad or worse tomorrow, I'll get my dad to take me to the hospital.

Unfortunately, with this snow, going to the hospital is an impossibility. We can barely get out of the driveway.

I think it's just a minor injury, with most of the pain being caused by swelling. If I fractured the head of my femur, wouldn't I be unable to walk? I can walk, although going up the stairs is quite the challenge. My thigh isn't numb, or tingly, which should happen if there's a lot of blood loss. I also think it would hurt a lot more. This is about a 4-5 on my pain scale, 10 being when I fell out of a tree and onto a mound of fire ants.

If it's just as bad or worse tomorrow, I'll get my dad to take me to the hospital.

Sorry, I have no idea if you'd be able to walk or not. I was just giving a worst case scenario type injury.

But if the pain is only about a five, I doubt it's a serious pelvic fracture. From the histories I took pelvic fractures are incredibly painful.

edit: can you get someone to assess your function of the joint? Just lie on a bed and ask them to pick up your leg and passively move it. Flex, extend, adduct, abduct.