Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

I have not done the numbers myself, but I do know that the previous occupant of the White House put us $2.7 trillion more in debt than initially reported by keeping much of the cost of the Iraq war off the books. Additionally, even if the stimulus package is more costly than the Iraq war (which is may well be) it does have the distinct difference of possibly doing some good. I also think this is enough idealogue banter. Maybe Dan and I should settle this with an on-topic snowball fight.

f_snowball.giff_llabwons.gif

• 9 months later...

One of my fav. threads has returned yet again :). It's snowing here in IL as I type this, gonna have to push through it for my business law review I have in about half an hour. Very light right now, small flakes, the fun sort of snow that doesn't piss you off too much.

It did rain a shitload yesterday and probably froze overnight so that might complicate things.

Just got done communing with the big snowblower in the drive. Yesterday was spent fruitfully swapping winter wheels and tires onto both vehicles and getting gas for both snowblowers. It's been snowing since yesterday morning, but the real factor is the wind - 20-30MPH out of the north/northwest. Brutal. I was sweating and freezing at the same time. Had three foot drifts in part of the drive and bare pavement elesewhere.

Oh, joy; the plow just filled the drive's mouth. :palm:

Just did our driveway myself. Nothing encourages you to get out there and get it done now like knowing the rain is on the way to turn it all into wet cement.

I sometimes feel it's better to leave the snow there to soak up the sleet/freezing rain/shit so that I don't end up with a skating rink. Since I'm not shoveling the weight of the snow isn't such a big deal. :)

I forgot about this thread and I actually had something to post about this week! It snowed in the Bay Area on Sunday night and it was more than our already very occasional dusting of a few flakes. Here is a link to a stupid website called "Claycord" which is a combo of Clayton (where my brother lives) and our home town Concord (as well as Dave Brubeck's) that has some photos of the snow. My brother's house is pictured in several of the photos in Slide Show #1, as if you cared.

Anyway, it was very cool the last couple of days to look out the window of my office in SF and see the snow on Mt. Diablo, which is the namesake of my high school. Still glad I don't have to shovel anything or fight through lame snow drivers, of course. O0

Edited by Voltron

Our first major storm was last weekend and we're under a blizzard warning starting at 1:00 pm and lasting for the next 24 hours. I'm still trying to figure out how Michigan can have a blizzard, but there you have it. Forecasting 12 inches of snow out of this storm.

Looking outside at the moment it looks like the rain did finally turn to a light snow. Maybe the National Weather Service and our local weather experts will be wrong once again...