Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

... Still glad I don't have to shovel anything or fight through lame snow drivers, of course. O0

You still have to fight through lame Bay Area drivers and, unfortunately, there are plenty of those.

We had 1.5" of rain on Monday. Tomorrow a big storm is coming through. It's forecast to snow in the mountains just behind us. We may actually get our first freeze of the winter in Santa Barbara.

The epic snowstorm from hell rolled through here 2 days ago and it was awesome. It was as cold as being on top of a mountain and I loved it. :D

Around here snow rapidly melts though (something about living right at the base of a mountain) and it's already almost halfway vaporized (it stopped snowing last night finally).

I can't think of a way to physically wear more clothes when outside, yet still feel so very, very cold. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.......? :(

Get a down vest to wear under your jacket.

Also: Brandy. Or Thai. Or Indian.

Make sure you're wearing long underwear

Cayenne pepper in your undies works best for me.

Thank God for tube amps.

California is a very large state with some awfully tall mountains (>14,000 ft). There are many places where it snows early and the snow remains well into late spring or early summer. Also, we have a cold current running down our entire coast unlike Iceland, which sits in the middle of the warm Gulf Stream. Those two factors make up a bit for the differences in latitude. :)

I know, I know. At least you get a summer and not just some slightly warmer rain which is going slightly less sideways then usual. :P

The epic snowstorm from hell rolled through here 2 days ago and it was awesome. It was as cold as being on top of a mountain and I loved it. :D

Around here snow rapidly melts though (something about living right at the base of a mountain) and it's already almost halfway vaporized (it stopped snowing last night finally).

We haven't had a big snow melt here in Colorado Springs yet. It snowed Sunday - Tuesday here, with a 2 hour school delay Monday and no school yesterday, and back to a 2 hour delay again today. I'm so glad I caved in and bought my 16 year old's Subaru some snow tires Monday, and the training I gave her during the previous two snowstorms on all season tires is paying off - she's doing well on the snow now.

I'm so glad I caved in and bought my 16 year old's Subaru some snow tires Monday, and the training I gave her during the previous two snowstorms on all season tires is paying off - she's doing well on the snow now.

Caved in? Riding with 3 seasons tires (there's is not such a thing as a 4 seasons tire BTW ...;)) in snowstorm? 16 years old behind the wheel? :eek::eek::eek:

Again caved in? Come on.

Amicalement from Qu