Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Snow-pocalypse!

Today will be a-popsicle-lypse, though. Everything that melted overnight is now frozen, so the slush that people were driving through yesterday like a knife through butter will tear the undersides of their cars apart (brake lines!) like an iceberg through the Titanic.

Good luck with that, I'm staying home.

And yeah, I should probably dig the other car out. That is, indeed, going to suck.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Supposedly my county just closed school for the remainder of the week.

I was just able to order delivery from Pizza Hut, they didnt know my street was unplowed.

The guy had to park a street down and bring it up to the house. I feel kinda bad about doing that, but I gave him 10 bucks.

We are supposed to get up to another 10-15", and maybe more over the weekend, so I need food.

fuck%20it%20key.gif

It's weird. NYC generally doesn't do this. But it looks like we're right in the path of the high accumulations. And there haven't been many, if any, snow days, so I guess they figured that it makes sense to call it.

that is very weird. NYC never closes schools unless theres about a foot of snow and it starts at like 3-5 in the morning

I was just able to order delivery from Pizza Hut, they didnt know my street was unplowed.

The guy had to park a street down and bring it up to the house. I feel kinda bad about doing that, but I gave him 10 bucks.

We are supposed to get up to another 10-15", and maybe more over the weekend, so I need food.

That sucks man, can you call a cab, walk to the end of the street and go do some grocery shopping? Otherwise I'd seriously consider calling the police and asking for the street to be cleared. WTF would happen if there was a fire or other emergency on the street? Are they going to park up the street and watch someone's house burn?

I'm doing ok now, my parents were able to drive down the next street which is plowed, and walk some stuff up to the house.

I am surprised though, as last storm my street seemed to be one of the first ones to be plowed.

I'm not sure how much a plow could help now anyways, some of the neighbors with big F250 type trucks and whatnot have packed everything down. I doubt I could drive on it, but I'd give it a shot in a pinch.

I'd be pretty nervous if I wasn't able to get this food though, with the possibility of being snowed in again until the weekend, and possibly more coming down over the weekend.

Lesson learned for next time, to say the least.