Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

I'll be getting gas for the generator this afternoon for sure. 

I'm also strongly considering grabbing a camp stove on the way home.  Been meaning to for a while and this might be the perfect excuse.  Even with the generator we can't run the stove (just microwave) and having a usable cooktop, even if it was in the garage, would be nice.

Damn!  Looks fierce, stay safe you people.  I would strongly recommend that you do not try to move any door mats in those 40 mph winds, they can wreck your pedicure for sure, take it from me.

Nate, ever considered a propane BBQ? 

Edited by Augsburger

We went out and bought emergency provisions yesterday which included some Starbucks double shots, and a bag of caramel corn. Also, conveniently enough, the old gas boiler would have run just fine with the power out. But because millivolt systems no longer meet code, the new boiler won't. :( Worst upgrade ever.

Last year, UConn canceled classes at the mere hint that snow might be coming. This year, nothing yet.

Hard to say how much we got overnight because of the wind but I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 12" and it's still raging outside.  Pictures don't do it justice and sadly, the GoPro didn't capture anything in timelapse mode last night.  The storm didn't really get cranked up until after 2AM from what I can tell and that's when the battery went tits up.  I'll see if I can get it setup today with a aux battery to help.

Maybe a little over a foot right now, still coming down steady here too.

It's all about the drifts though.....

attachicon.gifIMG_0148.JPG

Yeah, I hate the damn drifts.  We live on end of a cul-de-sac and we end up with much larger snow drifts than everyone else on the street (and everyone's dead leaves in autumn).

EDIT - It's another snow day for my work/school tomorrow.  I'm a little surprised since the district always drags their feet about snow days.

Edited by Salt Peanuts