Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Doesn't look wet from the pic, Todd, so I hope it's light stuff, and no one loses power.

Sure is pretty.

It's pretty fluffy.  Too damn cold to be heavy snow, thankfully.  The power outage risk is from the wind, which is supposed to pick back up later.  Sections of MA (the Cape) are already pretty well screwed.

My wife's school just cancelled for tomorrow as well.  I think most are thinking that cleanup is going to take a while and I don't disagree.  Commence round one with the driveway!

What Nate said, more or less.  My plow guy came through while I was making breakfast.  I didn't venture outside to talk to him.  The drifting is impressive.  My far has like 3" on it, but there's a spot outside my window that looks closer to two feet.  I just shoveled the walk and (mostly) cleaned off my car.  The wind right now is vicious.  My face feels like it's been sand blasted.

158958092.jpg

I presume this is a pic of the finger I think it is...

This is an "after" picture of the drift on our deck, my wife took it this afternoon.  Andrew and I did some shoveling today, luckily fluffy shit because there was a lot (and we have a plow service too, but he can't get certain areas).

attachicon.gifSnow-Jan-2015 part 2.jpg

Holy fuck on a stick!

Stay safe and warm dudes, and your families. I can sympathize, and my snow blower is cringing in fear of that level of snow! Glad for you guys that it is fluffy and heavy damp wet shit!

Edited by Pars

We got somewhere between 24 and 30".  I cleared another 12-16" off the driveway this morning and we'll be good for at least 24 hours till the next storm on Friday.  Oh, and then there's another one forecast for Monday that's already looking like it'll deliver another 12" or so.  Two weeks ago it rained and my entire lawn was bare.  By this time next week we might have 4'+.  Jebus help us.

And you can't efficiently flip the bird while wearing mittens so that was just the thumbs up sarcastic option. 

My school is closed again tomorrow (my wife's school as well since we work for the same district). Apparently, the city is having difficulties clearing all the side roads well enough for the buses to pass.

I do feel bad for all the parents that have to arrange for childcare for yet another day.

On a related note, our kids' daycare had to close today at the last minute when the owner/director came in to find that the parking lot/sidewalks for the center hadn't been cleared out after she was assured it would be done, resulting in unhappy parents.

Edited by Salt Peanuts