Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Spent about 45 minutes getting our car unburied from our single spot just now. I don't know what our total accumulation ended up at but the non-drifts are taller than our dog, so at least 13 inches. The snow was suprisingly light... felt much heavier walking through it yesterday as it was coming down.

I think I saw where we got 14.5" out in the sw burbs. I'll shoot a pic of the deck after I get out and run the snowblower again. Shoveling the end of the driveway yesterday was a good time, reserved for my sons :) I started on it after determining there was no way my small snowblower was going to deal with that. I quickly decided this wasn't old guy work. Very glad I put a new auger belt on Saturday as it would have been worthless without it.

Shouldn't be too bad today, other than the dude running the snowplow for the cul-de-sac that I am on the corner of plowed snow across the corner of the sidewalk so not sure how I will get the snowblower over to the cul-de-sac sidewalk. Also not sure I am going to worry about it :)

Edited by Pars

I heard on the radio it was 19 1/2" at O'Hare. I saw 3 SUVs stuck in either the alleyways or side streets on the way in this AM. I pushed right through with my trusty Subaru!

School was canceled for the kids. Luckily, since Anne is leaving her job anyway, she can call in this time! :)

• Like 1