Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Late start here, Haj.

The walk from my office to the car (1/4mi) sucked at 4pm. 8 degrees, 20mph wind driven snow straight in my face. No thanks. Driving consisted of trying not to plow into the newly invisible 18 wheeler causing whiteout blindness.

159020747.jpg

Clearing the driveway tomorrow morning (it's still snowing) is not going to be fun. Wind chills are supposed to be somewhere in the negative teens.

Everything in CT is closed today, except UConn. They sent out a defiant email saying, in essence, we know we should close, but we have already closed twice this year and we just don't want to do it again.

Ha, my school has already closed 7 days now and we're likely looking at day number 8 tomorrow.

EDIT - because I can't count.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Here's a friend's report from Boston :

After the fresh 14", Emergency Snow Parking bans still in effect on throughways. Municipal offices and schools closed for second day in a row.

Heavy snow-pack record depth of 37", and total snowfall so far, breaks 70" in just ~17 days. It is also snowiest 30 period on record in Boston.

All MBTA rail, subway, commuter train service suspended all day today again. Limited bus service.

Sheesh

Boston is a train wreck, no pun intended.  The city received a waiver that allows them to dump the snow directly into the harbor which will help somewhat.  The school system is reeling from all this weather and there's talk (in Boston) of cancelling April vacation in order to get in a full year without having to go to school in July, which they can't do anyway because of teacher/union contract issues.  I wouldn't be surprised if the state gets pressured into waiving the mandatory 180 school year.  They've already had 8 snow days assuming they get back to school tomorrow.