Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

We got a pass, looks like.  We were supposed to get freezing rain with a warm front turning it into plain rain, but it was so dry that it was evaporating before it hit the ground, and by the time enough moisture accumulated to let it make it to the ground, it was no longer freezing.

Still pretty slick, though, but not as bad as Sunday (for us).  My car looked like a prop from The Day After Tomorrow.  Or Batman & Robin.

i think once this week is over, my area is in the clear. 

You're going to tempt fate?  Really?!?

No, not that batman & robin, this one:

br-wds1.jpg

It literally looked that dramatic/fake, the consistency of the thickness of the ice on both horizontal and vertical surfaces, and the icicles were of a random yet consistent nature.

• Like 1

We have pretty mild winters and very warm summers. As soon as Berkeley or Stanford makes me an offer though....

What about Cal Tech, you old stomping grounds?  Pasadena has very mild weather and access to good beer.

I figured you would play the "micro-clime" card here.

My particular micro-clime in SF is anything but warm in the summer.

You're going to tempt fate?  Really?!?

No, not that batman & robin, this one:

br-wds1.jpg

It literally looked that dramatic/fake, the consistency of the thickness of the ice on both horizontal and vertical surfaces, and the icicles were of a random yet consistent nature.

I thought you were talking about slippin and slidin, but mainly it just brought to mind the Bat-Turn from first Batman, which I watched recently.

I thought you were talking about slippin and slidin, but mainly it just brought to mind the Bat-Turn from first Batman, which I watched recently.

No, I never even started the car.  It was funny, when I came out the next day, all the ice was completely gone.  If I hadn't seen it the day before, I wouldn't have known anything.

Or UCSB?  It doesn't have the prestige as the aforementioned institutions but the weather is a hell of a lot better than all of them.

What about Cal Tech, you old stomping grounds?  Pasadena has very mild weather and access to good beer.

Well, I was at Cal Poly (San Luis Obispo), not Caltech, and I certainly would not want to go back there (over Rice). 

I would probably choose Rice/Houston over UCSB/Santa Barbara or Caltech/Pasadena.  Of course, the choice between Rice and Caltech would be much more difficult because of the prestige of Caltech.  I am just not that drawn to So Cal at this point and I wouldn't really want to be at a state school unless it was some place like Berkeley.   Of course, I don't really have to worry about making this decision since nobody is knocking at my door.  I am sure my parents would love to see me move back. 

Edited by shellylh