Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Well, what was supposed to be rain most of the weekend was correctly predicted yesterday and a big pile of shit today.  It was snowing and 34ish all morning so nothing was stick but around noon it dropped a few degrees and we've now got a couple of inches of fresh, heavy snow and it's still going.  Shit cock balls I've had enough of this.

We have some slushy shit on the sides of the main roads, very wet snow on side streets.  Still only about 1-2" a bit South of Nate's location.  I think I saw some of this predicted, but it sucked to get my son to work in the middle of some biting winds and sleet-like snow.....

The driveway itself is ~60 feet along with another ~18 feet of parking space.  The said snow blower would have to travel another ~75 feet (probably more) from the shed in backyard.

Another bit is we end up with noticeably more snow than everyone else on our street due to wind direction and town plow.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

You'll want something pretty substantial to clear that much space, Haj.  I was hoping it was on the smallish side and you could get by with an electric one and avoid the hassle of gas-powered lawn instruments.

In the good news portion of the day the near 50 degree temps knocked out most of the snow that we got yesterday and the driveway is mostly clear.  

You'll want something pretty substantial to clear that much space, Haj.  I was hoping it was on the smallish side and you could get by with an electric one and avoid the hassle of gas-powered lawn instruments.

i wish that were the case.  As much as I'm not looking forward to owning another gas-powered lawn instrument, I'm looking forward to not spending upwards of 3 hours shoveling/raking goddamn snow.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Get the biggest one you can justify.

This plus I'd do everything that I could to get a 2-stage model.  It'll throw much better in both light and heavy snow.  I can live with a single-stage because the motor behind it is my tractor but even with that at times this year I had to blow snow twice to actually get it off the driveway.