Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Hopefully power stays on Iain.  We got 5" overnight of the good snow, on the mountain snow.  Only problem is it is supposed to continue all day.  I do not enjoy skiing while it's snowing due to poor visibility and I am not the greatest powder skier as evidenced by my fall 2 years ago resulting in shoulder surgery.  I will be very cautious today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acidbasement said:

Do you know how to snowboard, Mike? I don't think I've ever had more fun than snowboarding in fresh powder.

The new forecast has us only getting 2-4 cm, so that's okay. Just went lake skating and it was awesome.

I ski and today turned out to be a blast.  So far it's been an awesome three days of skiing. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

We got hit with sleet and freezing rain today. And of course I had a dentist appointment. My normal 30 minute drive was doubled. Lots of cars off the road, in ditches etc. At least it proved that the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires were a good winter choice. Tire Rack rated them highly for ice and snow and after today's drive I'd agree.

Glad you got there and back in this shit Mike. I am interested in those Contis for my Accord when I replace tires fairly soon. Unfortunately Discount Tire doesn't carry them, and I like having their road hazard warranty. Might have to see if I can impose upon them to get some. The Michelins on there from the factory have been good tires however.

2 hours ago, Pars said:

Glad you got there and back in this shit Mike. I am interested in those Contis for my Accord when I replace tires fairly soon. Unfortunately Discount Tire doesn't carry them, and I like having their road hazard warranty. Might have to see if I can impose upon them to get some. The Michelins on there from the factory have been good tires however.

Tire Rack will ship them to you and recommend an installer in their certified installer program. I just drive to South Bend and have them do the install

Edited by Absorbine_Sr

3 hours ago, Absorbine_Sr said:

Tire Rack will ship them to you and recommend an installer in their certified installer program. I just drive to South Bend and have them do the install

Tire Rack will ship them directly to the installer.  But if you order four, make sure you get all four installed.  I didn't, and had to come back for the other two weeks later.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, that was some fucked up video I saw.  While I bet they will be better prepared for the next I one, the pure volume will be overwhelming.

Looks like northern MA will escape this one for the most part.  But my son was still called in tonight and tomorrow to work 5 hour night shifts at the supermarket.  Sucks because he has a test tomorrow; maybe they'll let him bow out or leave early tonight now that the storm doesn't look to impact as strongly.....

International flights are already being impacted. I've got a colleague stranded in Mexico with his family.  While that initially sounds fun my experience is that in resort areas finding supplemental lodging beyond your original trip duration can be incredibly expensive and problematic.

On the plus side for the mid-Atlantic region - you may get to experience THUNDERSNOW, which is sort of like a Sharknado, but not really.