Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Two days of digging out, and quite the workouts on both. :)

But I am fucking sick of shoveling. I live on a corner and in addition had to clear through snowplow drift to "liberate" foot traffic at the corner today. Mostly compacted snow into ice at that point, so I had a gardening ho as softening tool. One car done, one to go tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured the snow thread would be the best place to ask about this. I was talking to Julie's mum about sending her and the girls as a surprise to Montreal over spring break. It's towards the end of ski season and her mum lives next to one of the biggest ones there. Can Julie and the girls rent everything they need for a couple of days out or is there anything that would need to be bought before hand? Their wardrobes can furnish stuff that they can walk around in cold weather but nothing that they can do athletic maneuvers in. Skiing is not something they will be doing all that frequently so I want to avoid any big purchases unless absolutely necessary. So,what can they not rent? I am working on a budget so would like to know how much everything would be before I pull the trigger on things. 

2 hours ago, crappyjones123 said:

Figured the snow thread would be the best place to ask about this. I was talking to Julie's mum about sending her and the girls as a surprise to Montreal over spring break. It's towards the end of ski season and her mum lives next to one of the biggest ones there. Can Julie and the girls rent everything they need for a couple of days out or is there anything that would need to be bought before hand? Their wardrobes can furnish stuff that they can walk around in cold weather but nothing that they can do athletic maneuvers in. Skiing is not something they will be doing all that frequently so I want to avoid any big purchases unless absolutely necessary. So,what can they not rent? I am working on a budget so would like to know how much everything would be before I pull the trigger on things. 

I'm pretty sure you can rent boot, poles, skis and helmet.  You'll likely have to provide their clothing (jacket, ski pants, gloves, appropriate socks) and eye protection (glasses/goggles).

1 hour ago, Grahame said:

Some Amusement for you ...

That was painful to watch.

My sister can drive better than that (in anything).

(Notice I didn't say me -- I'm not as good a driver as my sister...not because she's had special training or anything, but JUST BECAUSE SHE LIVES IN ALASKA [and practices donuts in empty parking lots].)

7 hours ago, Mister X said:

Oh you can rent clothes at tremblant too! I saw that the page where they had listed prices for ski rentals but didn't nothing the clothes as well. That makes it a lot easier. Thanks Marshall!

Sorry too, Haj.  Storm snowfall rates had been increased up here, but still not as bad as that last storm to the south of us.

Thanks to snow tires and a 3-mile commute, I was at work for 1/2 day before coming home to complete the day.  Did a little shoveling, our plow person will do the rest.

Good luck to all in the path!

Well, after spending more money than I care for on a hotel room last night and food for the last two days, the power came back on few minute ago.  Everything in the fridge is goner, though the stuff in freezer should be fine.  Considering how often we get power outage, methinks a generator is in our future.  It doesn't help that we live on a low-priority street for the utility company.