Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

No kidding...  My gut says I'm gonna get hit here in central NJ.  Harbor Frieght and the home depot only had the normal amount of people buying salt.  Definitely not pandemonium.  This tells me we're screwed as nobody is fearing the worse.

I got a full tank in both cars, the snow blower, and the generator with another 10 gallons in cans and some firewood just in case.  And, I have a six pack of miller lite, half a pint of BB Brandy, the makings for onion dip and chocolate chip cookies.  I'm F'n set man

• Like 3

They're calling for 18-24" here although that will be seriously tough to judge given the wind that is supposed to come along with.  20-30mph with gusts over 50.  Yikes.  Could be a rugged 24hrs but I'll be gassing the generator tomorrow morning and planning to have enough in reserve to make it through the worst of it.  It a kick in the pants though as we'd just lost all of the snow cover on the yard and things were starting to thaw some.

We didn't get anywhere near a foot, but we got a layer of ice at the end, which is melting off, and will refreeze later tonight.

7 hours ago, Pars said:

I don't think we got more than 2", if that, further west in Chicago burbs. Partly sunny and not snowing out here (right now). Robins are wondering where they fucked up, however :)

Probably by not combating global warming...

Hurray!  Best wishes to anyone else with power issues -- I've been fortunate, even if my power goes out, my natural gas oven will continue to work.  But it hasn't.  I went out to dig out my car, only to find there wasn't shit accumulated.  I had heard plowing, but couldn't see that it was necessary -- there was more pavement than slush between the cars.  Oh well, I will check earlier in the morning next time, even though I listened to the (news) radio.

Got somewhere between 6" and a foot. Shoveled for 6 and a half hours because I'm small and weak. But we can use the driveway now. Did I mention that I just love shoveling snow for hours? Somebody kill me it's my favorite!

Guess I probably should have fixed the snowblower. Hindsight and all that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mother Nature has a sense of humor, it would appear.  6" of heavy, wet snow fell overnight and as of 4:30 this morning the power is out.  Woke up at 6:30 to fire up the generator and get the heat back on and had enough sense to remember that I had purchased an electric burner last year so I was able to make coffee. 

• Like 3

• 8 months later...