Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

So I'm flying from Chicago to CT on Saturday like right before there's some blizzard supposed to happen. Ought to be interesting.

I love snow and wish it would happen more- of course, not driving in it is nice- but I hate all the slush crap it turns into afterward. It sucks to jump like two feet to avoid submerging your foot in some huge puddle.

Are you speaking of Blizzard in Chicago? I see nothing of 'blizard' proportions for here, just a half inch of rain/sleet.

billy, u are a really strange dood.

It's the only time of the year where its truly quiet outside. no crickets chirping, no birds chirping, well at least at night. the trees remind me of some old abandon warehouse, no leaves, no life, but just a dead skeleton of a frame all rusting and falling apart. look on the ground and you see no grass, no leaves, no colors from flowers or weeds, but just white..flat white all around. it's calm like death, its peaceful like death cause it's snow..and winter.

reminds me of a Depeche Mode song but without the song. then you think in a few hours (months actually) there will be new life here and its cool cause you know there will be.

It's the only time of the year where its truly quiet outside. no crickets chirping, no birds chirping, well at least at night. the trees remind me of some old abandon warehouse, no leaves, no life, but just a dead skeleton of a frame all rusting and falling apart. look on the ground and you see no grass, no leaves, no colors from flowers or weeds, but just white..flat white all around. it's calm like death, its peaceful like death cause it's snow..and winter.

reminds me of a Depeche Mode song but without the song. then you think in a few hours (months actually) there will be new life here and its cool cause you know there will be.

Wow Billy, this is the best post I've ever read by you.

:o

Very poetic.

I can't wait to get back to NH with pantloads of snow (of course dealing with it for a whole season... :mikey1: )

My longest commute in snow was last winter. Huge blizzard. It's about 25 miles, combination of local and expressway, that normally takes 35 minutes. That day took me 4 hours. I am pretty sure I could have walked home sooner.

Don't think so. People walk about 4 miles and hour which would put your 25 miles a bit over 6 hours to walk. Then if you factor in the blizzard, I don't even think you'd make it home.

bs_blizzak_ws_50_dir_ci2_l.jpg

Hey I know I got my tires taken care of. Tell that to the other folks who are slipping and sliding and crashing into the median. Or the people with the big SUV's that think they can do whatever they want in whatever conditions because they have "4WD." You would think that people in the Chicagoland area know how to drive in snow but apparently not, IMHO.

Hey I know I got my tires taken care of. Tell that to the other folks who are slipping and sliding and crashing into the median. Or the people with the big SUV's that think they can do whatever they want in whatever conditions because they have "4WD." You would think that people in the Chicagoland area know how to drive in snow but apparently not, IMHO.

They aren't nearly as bad as Michigan drivers. I fear for my live any time I see a Michigan plate.

Wuhoo, more snow Sunday!

Sunday:

Snow. Sleet in the afternoon. Additional heavy snow accumulation possible. Brisk with highs in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph, increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Sunday night:

Mostly cloudy. Snow likely in the evening. Areas of blowing snow after midnight. Heavy snow accumulation possible. Brisk with lows around 20. North winds 20 to 25 mph, becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent.

:rant:

Wuhoo, more snow Sunday!

Sunday:

Snow. Sleet in the afternoon. Additional heavy snow accumulation possible. Brisk with highs in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph, increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Sunday night:

Mostly cloudy. Snow likely in the evening. Areas of blowing snow after midnight. Heavy snow accumulation possible. Brisk with lows around 20. North winds 20 to 25 mph, becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent.

:rant:

Yep, and I still gotta be in at work by 7.30am. Man, I need to find a new profession.

Who are you and what have you done with Billy's account?

Don't undo it necessarily, I kind of like you better than Billy...