Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Actually looks quite peaceful Doug.....the good part of snow.

We got maybe 3-4 inches, I'm a tiny bit Southwest of Nate.  Not bad, even side roads look fairly clear, and it's projected to be in the 40's later and tomorrow

Working from home today anyway, I was also up a few hours with congestion.... ☹️

We just had an inch+ of snow yesterday with maybe a bit more tomorrow.  I of course was too lazy to shovel the driveway yesterday and still do not have the winter wheels and tires on so I will get to see how Pirelli P-Zero summers do on snow/ice when I try to get out of the driveway this morning.

Winter Mode: ACTIVE

Gf2uub8HShyUOYfcOUFugA.thumb.jpg.db38a585e8fcfc3d91c34191c7732bcd.jpg

Between snapping a 3/8 to 1/2 drive adapter and finding a nearly-stripped lug nut it wasn't the smoothest transition but it got done.  Test drive went fine and tires roll smooth so I'll chalk it up as a win.  Damage lug will be replaced tomorrow.

56425889818__6C8D418B-DB1A-4A84-8683-DAD7392F18F0.thumb.JPG.c0bd823c6340f5a3388799de5b19d3f4.JPG

Also converted the tractor to winter duty which went pleasantly well.  Now, if it'll just consistently start for the next 5 months that'd be great.  

• Like 7

Doing a much milder version of winterization on the Audi today. Wheels showed up this morning and entirely unwinter-like 265 45 ZR 20 Continental Extreme Contacts go on this afternoon. Should be good enough for this area. 

I also wish I had a garage that was as clean as Nate’s.

172377D7-D039-4E71-A72A-A41A31C87ED8.jpeg

Winterizzzzed.  The best thing is, since I happened to change my appointment from tomorrow to this afternoon, I got 20% off because of Black Friday.

37C6E3B2-A2E0-4FB3-8E16-CBC77FFE56A2.jpeg

Edited by VPI
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Last I heard it was going to be less snow, but more sleet/freezing rain....then a massive chill coming Monday.....

My wife and mother-in-law were supposed to fly to FL tonight, when we first saw the snow delaying until later Saturday night, she decided not to try and get an earlier flight.  She just found out this morning it was cancelled.

They are now tentatively going out Monday morning....hoping the roads will be OK and they can make it....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"snowblocked" sounds like the snow was blocked (as in cockblocked means the cock was blocked, not that something was prevented by cock).  No?

His status that started it all (which was not his first status about recording, he previously had posted how looking forward to recording he was).

Him:  "Fuck it, day 1 of recording cancelled. Fuck fuck fuckitty fuck. "

3rd person:  "Why, what happened? "

Him:  "Outlying roads around Bristol snowfucked. "

Me:  "I'm stealing, 'snowfucked'."

Him:  "It's my word of the day."

He managed to get all the rhythm section and some of the guitars recorded during the latter portion of one day, and the rest of the guitars and vocals recorded on the second day, so ... yay him!