Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Sorry team - I am not good at being clear today - I guess the week in vegas did have an affect. :bottle:

I was trying to show the amount of snow we received last night (the pile on top of the table) vs the total amount of snow (on top the fire pit). I know that these are not large amounts - but they are saying 70 year record. 

• Like 1

Snow is really good in the Sierra Nevada's this year. Debated heading up to Tahoe for snowboarding but the lines are fuct on Sundays(64 inches in the last 3 days). Desert trails on the other side of the valley have 2 to 4 inches depending on where you are, so lots of fun in the x3. 

IMG_20190217_111416.jpg

• Like 5

I'm on the mountains on the south east side of the Reno valley and it just keeps coming down here. I think this is looking like the best year since the winter of 2010/2011!

I also cant wait until the spring because the rain and melt will tear up the dirt bike trails and they will be totally unrecognizable from the last few years.. based on past experiences. The main fire / service roads are already starting to deteriorate quite badly from what i saw today. 

5 hours ago, SeaWolf said:

Snow is really good in the Sierra Nevada's this year. Debated heading up to Tahoe for snowboarding but the lines are fuct on Sundays(64 inches in the last 3 days). Desert trails on the other side of the valley have 2 to 4 inches depending on where you are, so lots of fun in the x3. 

IMG_20190217_111416.jpg

You should send that to CanAm.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, ironbut said:

After the latest snow here in Oregon, I need to buy a real snow shovel (got a couple of regular ones).

Any buying advice from members in "real" snow country?

Here's a pic out of my garage door on Monday.

IMG_0404.jpg

That would seem to warrant a snowblower!

LOL!

That pic is kind of deceptive (meant to be just pretty). 

The pair of foot tracks are going down the private road of our complex. 

After a couple of days and another foot or so, our HOA hired a plow to open that road to the main highway that was already cleared.

I just had to shovel a car width and sidewalk for 15 feet or so. 

Anyway, I think it's pretty rare to get this much snow around here (climate change?).

Excellent!

Thanks for the advice Jeff, but I'm not sure I'm looking for a relationship as powerful as "love" with a shovel.

Then again, I have to admit that I am slightly motivated to replace my shovel (that's more at home digging shallow graves) after being shamed by the snow shoveling prowess of my red hot neighbor who did twice the work I did in half the time (while wearing spray-on ski pants and a pinky piggy wool hat).

Next time, she will be the one who's impressed!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ironbut said:

Excellent!

Thanks for the advice Jeff, but I'm not sure I'm looking for a relationship as powerful as "love" with a shovel.

Then again, I have to admit that I am slightly motivated to replace my shovel (that's more at home digging shallow graves) after being shamed by the snow shoveling prowess of my red hot neighbor who did twice the work I did in half the time (while wearing spray-on ski pants and a pinky piggy wool hat).

Next time, she will be the one who's impressed!

This would seem to warrant a "pics or ban" sort of comment, but let's not get all stalkery.  

Serious suggestion, in addition to Jeff's excellent recommendation I'd have a look at something like this - https://www.amazon.com/Earthwise-SN70016-Electric-Corded-Shovel/dp/B073V482GY/ref=pd_cp_86_1?pd_rd_w=ccxxo&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=8NWC5BQA6354XCBW7BDA&pd_rd_r=f47fe814-3d03-11e9-aaa6-cf0e18ac2bd6&pd_rd_wg=KpYhO&pd_rd_i=B073V482GY&psc=1&refRID=8NWC5BQA6354XCBW7BDA - I bought the Toro version 6 years or so ago and it's paid for itself more times than I can count.  In a pinch I've used it to clear several inches of snow off of the whole driveway (175' long, many extension cords used...) and it's a back saver for clearing decks.

And we're in roughly the same boat as Todd.  It's snowing currently but only predicted to drop an inch or so but then there's ~6" predicted for tomorrow night, depending on who you believe.  

• Haha 1