Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

I might not be snowing out today but I'd prefer that to the current weather...

Current Temp - 10deg F w/ a 10 to 15mph wind. Fracken cold!

Heh I'm glad im not at my apt right now. In Storrs we have a constant >25 mph wind. Sucks so bad in the winter, but is nice in the summer.

In Springfield, two nights ago we got about 4".

I might not be snowing out today but I'd prefer that to the current weather...

Current Temp - 10deg F w/ a 10 to 15mph wind. Fracken cold!

I hear ya man...I think it migh have hit 30F today...whooowee, cold :)

Nice shots on page 7 though...I miss those NE winter storms, shoveling snow, and the calm quiet of a light snowfall in evening.

I am lucky to live somewhere I can see stars at night though and deer walk through our backyard in the mornings/evenings, so I guess i can't complain too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know who made the deal with the devil but it's over 50 degrees here and clear skies with plenty of sunshine. I just wanted to rub it in for all of you guys suffering through winter.

Hey, cold doesn't bother me. In fact, I love the cold - air is crisper and sharper. It's the driving in the snow that I hate.

I may end up doing just that if it keeps snowing like this for rest of the season.

Yep snow tires are the way to go, or at the very least all-season radials. I always found it funny living in MD during snow. All these people spinning out and stuck on the roads...people in SUVs! There I was with my little Chevy Celebrity Station wagon, scooting by them... big cars and 4WD aren't a cure for not knowing how to drive in the snow. Even snow tires don't cure everything...they're just a tool to help.

We never got as much snow as NH in CT growing up, but we got enough to teach you how to drive it in properly. My driving test was 3 days after a huge snowfall, I'll never forget. Who would have though that a driving instructor would have to tell a teenager that it's ok to drive a little faster!

I must say, the snow storm was bit of let down for me. I expected more, not that I'm complainig, mind you. Everyone must've taken the day off, though, as there were very few cars on my communte in the morning and afternoon.

And yes, with the possibility of moving to NH relatievely soon growing by the day, I need to seriously look into better tires for the next winter season.