Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

On 12/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, Hopstretch said:

Just some nice soaking rain. Very welcome. Sunny and in the 60s through the weekend. Jolly good.

If anyone needs me, I will be flying to SA, renting a stepladder, returning it, renting a BIGGER stepladder, smacking 'stretch one, and flying home.

(Not really.)

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

I never thought I'd post in this thread, but climate change changes things. It's been snowing for 3 days and temperatures are rather low, so we have Madrid, an absolutely unprepared city, covered by snow layer of about 3ft. The problems are that they don't have the machines to remove the snow from the main roads, streets and avenues, nor can spread salt to avoid ice formation. I'm expecting absolute caos and confinement for about 2 weeks considering the temperatures forecast for the next week, most days below 0ºC (32ºF). I'm fearing food shortage. Not even my 83 years old aunt has ever seen such snowing :palm:

• Sad 10

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, catscratch said:

About a foot and a half here in jersey. Not the worst since the power stayed on this time. Knock on wood...

Same here in Somerset county NJ.  18" and still falling.  Snow blower is screaming for an overhaul but she blasted through it like a champ once warmed up

• Like 2

Best of luck to everybody. The wind wasn't as strong as advertised so fingers crossed it won't be destructive.

My snowblower died two winters ago and I never bothered fixing it so... lots of digging today. But at least we had the sense to park one car closer to the end of the drive, so I didn't have to dig as much. Cheating ftw.

^^^ If you want a track-based blower I'd recommend the Honda.  A friend has one and loves it.

spacer.png

We ended up with right around a foot of snow, on the heavier side, so I was glad to have a high-functioning snow blower.  The windrow at the end of the driveway would have been a back breaker.  Still not looking forward to dealing with the decks this weekend after the predicted rain Friday but there's no time to shovel them between now and Friday AM.  

• Sad 1

It would appear that we've turned a corner and are now in proper winter mode for the foreseeable future. Snow tomorrow (4-6"), more Tuesday (~3") and then the possibility of a major storm at the end of next week.  Not complaining, if it's going to be winter it might as well really be winter.

• Like 2