Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

15 hours ago, dsavitsk said:

We're out of coffee. New coffee is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. If it is delayed by the storm, it is going to be a long weekend ...

Well, half of our drain pipes appear to be on the ground, but the coffee is here. Everything is fine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My wife was in Florida, she preemptively changed her flight from yesterday to later tonight....she said literally 2 seats left from FL to Boston, across 3 different airports.  Then, maybe 1 hour later, her original flight was cancelled.  Very lucky....

We lost power at 8:30pm last night, just got it back at about 5:15 this morning.  Made the best of it with LED candles, and lots of pages in my e-book read.  Going soon to the fridge to check out what's good or not, think all will be good.

Hope others made it through OK!

• Like 3

Nothing significant here.  The rain quit around 5pm last night and from then on it's just been wind and nothing super extraordinary at that.  Sounds like the coast got hammered though, with lots of coastal flooding which may not be over yet with another super high tide predicted for noon today.  We saw our highest recorded tide in a long, long time yesterday at work which is saying something since we just did the same in January during the last bomb-cyclone (brah).  And no hanging 10 for me, Stretch.  I'd like to stay off the Darwin Awards list this year.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2018 at 8:01 PM, dsavitsk said:

We're out of coffee. New coffee is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. If it is delayed by the storm, it is going to be a long weekend ...

I forgot to tell you when I was there, but about two blocks from your house, I discovered this thing they call a store. It's magical (must be from the future), but you can walk inside and purchase thousands of different items.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, swt61 said:

I forgot to tell you when I was there, but about two blocks from your house, I discovered this thing they call a store. It's magical (must be from the future), but you can walk inside and purchase thousands of different items.

You want me to drink coffee from CVS? I thought you were my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Drove out to the coast this morning to see how things looked at high tide.  The sea was angry.  The waves were pushing 10-15', certainly larger than I've ever seen on the NH coast, and doing some significant damage.  The coastal road was only open for about a 1/4 at this particular high spot.  The flooding on either side was impressive.5a9aeffecf7d4_6yrHJBsHS5e4wDWPsrpmw.thumb.jpg.9fa67a496270a5b5e19dcffdf41a23e0.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, swt61 said:

... I discovered this thing they call a store. It's magical (must be from the future), but you can walk inside and purchase thousands of different items.

That is the very same thing I say to the non-Moscow russians when they arrive here in Cali.

Electricity is out in the neighborhood where Mary and Lance are staying with my daughter. So Lance is doing homework in a coffee shop which is just like the library at home.  I wonder if they can conduct a fencing tournament in the dark? 

Sending out good thoughts to everyone hit by this latest East Coast storm.  We're without power now, going on about 36 hours and counting.  Also had some larger tree limbs come down across most of our driveway and into the street.  A great neighbor with battery-powered chainsaw helped at least move pieces to either side of the driveway.....

Karen got us a hotel for tonight, power isn't expected back until tomorrow sometime (we hope!).  We're also picking son Andrew up at school tomorrow, wishing for a warm house upon return....

IMG_5896.JPG

IMG_5897.JPG

• Sad 1