• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought you wanted the full SinglePower experience? >:D

And you think I'm not a tall, skinny scary white dude? ;D

Maybe so but you look like Vince Vaughan for god sake. Granted, he can play dodge ball but come on, no one calls you or him Hong Kong Jewy. I rest my case.

And if I wanted a ridiculous wait time, I would have called Mikhail. :)

Quite frankly, I'm enjoying the amp too much to take it apart. :) Been working from home at night and it's been good company. :tease:

Keep it for a while. Oz isn't rushing me on my decision between the Berendsen integrated and the amp. I just discovered that the integrated has a headphone out on the back. I need to get the code to enter which disables the speaker out and activates the headphone out. I also, need to get headphones. Vicki, where are you? I need to drop by.

Mike, just tell me which headphones you want and they're yours.

btw, my lunatic brother and sister-in-law are threatening to show up. He's the one whose hobby is collecting high-end watches. When he comes to Florida, he usually brings around 5-10 to trade or sell with dealers in the area. I don't know if you're still interested in checking them out. Some of them could pay off my mortgage, but even the more reasonably priced ones are unique and beautiful. Since he's an artist, a nut, and a small-time collector, he has really good taste with an eye for rare quality. He's also a walking database of watch info.

Especially with a set of K1000s on your head! :o

He sold his K1000s (and all his headphones!) is now left to begging from poor neighbors. It's a sad day for the tall, skinny, soon-to-be drunk on Monday, scary, white dude from Florida (except for the fact he got some kick-ass speakers to listen to as compensation).

He sold his K1000s (and all his headphones!) is now left to begging from poor neighbors. It's a sad day for the tall, skinny, soon-to-be drunk on Monday, scary, white dude from Florida (except for the fact he got some kick-ass speakers to listen to as compensation).

Vicki is correct about everything except I will probably have a good buzz, maybe not drunk, by tonight. The speakers are kick ass and if the choice was between them or K1000/headphones, the choice would be easy, I already made it. Since I don't have to make that choice I am now shopping for cans. Thanks to offers from Tom, Vicki, Al, jp..., I will not have to rush the decision. If only Gene wasn't a traitor, I might have HP2's.

I'm sure that this is all true, but he's still scary with a set of K1000s on his head! O0

So I moved the MPX3 back into my main rig tonight and did some shuffling of components so that I can use it to do a little relative comparing of my two primary sources. Made a somewhat troubling discovery, with the MPX3 being fed by my DAC I'm on the first click of the stepper and it's plenty loud with my HD650s. Two steps was too much. Granted, I listen softer than the average person but having no adjustability is a little scary. Any alternate tube suggestions that Mike might try? I'm guessing he might want to investigate them.