5 minute edit window too short...

TheSloth

how's the post editing time for you ? and how should it be long ?  

1. 1. how's the post editing time for you ? and how should it be long ?

• please make it longer (10 minutes / 1 hours)
    • please make it much longer ( 24h )
    • edit always available
    • 5 minutes it's enough

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is looking to sell for what something is worth being a dick, commie?

Price paid is irrelevant in a value calculation. Value is what the buyer and seller agree it is. Lots of things factor in, including how quickly the seller needs the money, whether he's being generous, etc.

I disagree, but understand your stance on this.

I'm certainly no communist, but I do believe in being fair. Obviously everyone has different ideas of what being fair is. Even if you want to sell something for more than you paid for it, I fail to see why you would want to hide that by editing it out. Unless you are guilty of course. Commie.

I disagree, but understand your stance on this.

I'm certainly no communist, but I do believe in being fair. Obviously everyone has different ideas of what being fair is. Even if you want to sell something for more than you paid for it, I fail to see why you would want to hide that by editing it out. Unless you are guilty of course. Commie.

I could care less whether people know the price I paid when I sell, I don't delete the prices in threads where I was the buyer. As a seller, I do it as a courtesy to the buyer. It also makes it very clear to people 6 months from now who would otherwise PM me asking if it's still available. But I'm more of a feudalist than a communist...

Well, in general, you can't delete the prices in threads where you are the buyer... How is deleting the price for the buyer a courtesy? This is what makes no sense to me. What it is though, is a discourtesy to everyone who views the thread afterwards and wants to know what they sold for. A reply saying 'Sold, thanks for looking.' or an update to the original post noting that the item has sold works just as well as removing the price.

Well, in general, you can't delete the prices in threads where you are the buyer... How is deleting the price for the buyer a courtesy? This is what makes no sense to me. What it is though, is a discourtesy to everyone who views the thread afterwards and wants to know what they sold for. A reply saying 'Sold, thanks for looking.' or an update to the original post noting that the item has sold works just as well as removing the price.

Then when you sell stuff, don't delete the price.

What it is though, is a discourtesy to everyone who views the thread afterwards and wants to know what they sold for.

I disagree, it's not very often that I sell something for the price listed in the thread. Sometimes someone offers me more, sometimes I take less, either way the stated price is pretty much worthless.

Then when you sell stuff, don't delete the price.
I don't, thanks. :)
I disagree, it's not very often that I sell something for the price listed in the thread. Sometimes someone offers me more, sometimes I take less, either way the stated price is pretty much worthless.
Even so, it is useful to give a general idea of the selling price. I often have no idea what a piece of equipment is going for when I create a for sale thread. I find it helpful when people leave the price in the thread and rather frustrating when they take it out. I also try to sell to the first legitimate reply rather than giving the item to the highest bidder. If I wanted an auction I would use ebay.

But to each his own, I'm not trying to hold some higher moral ground here or tell people how they should conduct their sales. I just think that removing the price from a for sale thread is pointless.

I don't, thanks. :)Even so, it is useful to give a general idea of the selling price. I often have no idea what a piece of equipment is going for when I create a for sale thread. I find it helpful when people leave the price in the thread and rather frustrating when they take it out. I also try to sell to the first legitimate reply rather than giving the item to the highest bidder. If I wanted an auction I would use ebay.

But to each his own, I'm not trying to hold some higher moral ground here or tell people how they should conduct their sales. I just think that removing the price from a for sale thread is pointless.

But you didn't say pointless, you said the person doing it was a dick.

Point is the same, one is a neutral statement, the other is an attack. If you'd said "Gee, I wish people wouldn't do that, it makes it harder to price things", you get different responses than "The only reason people would do that is because they are evil people who believe in making money"