Step 4 of my 12-Step Plan: How To Stop People From Laughing At Your Amps

Elephas

Here's Step 4 of my 12-Step Plan: How To Stop People From Laughing At Your Amplification.

Step 1 was simple: Join the head-case forum. Be polite and humble. Try not to cry too much when people laugh at you and post mean things. :'(

Step 2 was to refrain from posting too much at head-case, in case someone points out your inadequate amplification. Sure, it's good, clean entertainment for everyone but you don't want to be the butt of the jokes all the time. You can continue posting at Head-Fi as much as you want, your posts will blend in nicely with all the other idiot posts there. >:D

Step 3 was to divert attention from your amps by posting exclusively about headphones and sources. True, the topic of amplification will still come up, but if you're quick with the keyboard you can keep attention off your amps. However, the moment someone posts the word "amp" the game is over and you should try to fade away gracefully. Again, please don't cry too much and stay optimistic.

And now, I unveil Step 4: the HeadAmp Aristaeus.

Aristaeus_1.jpg

Aristaeu_amp.jpg

Aristaeus_closeup.jpg

Aristaeus_system.jpg

Aristaeus_SR-OmegaHE90.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mid-2005: socrates63 reads posts by Elephas. Wow, this guy seems to have similar tastes as me and sounds like a nice guy. I should listen to him.

Elephas thinks ATH-W5000 sound awesome. I need one, too.

Elephas says ATH-AD2000 is the best dynamic headphone he's heard (and he's heard a lot). I need one, too.

And then Elephas goes crazy and starts buying buttloads of high ticket and rare items. My wallet dies from shock.

And now the Aristaeus? Congrats, but what was I thinking when I thought I could mimic some of your purchases? :)

You're awesome, man. Keep posting the head-fi p0rn.

So, when's that next give-away? I think the last one was for the Cardas RCA caps, right? Yeah, you really need to give away the Chord DAC. Don't you know? The Azur 840c is it right now.

Awww. My baby's all grown up now. :)

I'm really trying, mamma. I'll remember what you taught me, that portable amps are crappy. :P

Hint: Steps 5 thru 12 will include other amps. ;D

And then Elephas goes crazy and starts buying buttloads of high ticket and rare items. My wallet dies from shock.

Yeah, you really need to give away the Chord DAC.

I was doing OK until about 6 months ago, when I accidentally won an SR-007, my first electrostatic headphone. I bid too much, not knowing its street price was coming down. Then I needed an amp, and a used HeadAmp KGSS showed up right on time, saving me from a Stax-brand amp. After hearing what the O2 and KGSS can do, I just had to hear other electrostats. I also felt that I couldn't miss out on other dynamics, just in case. You know how it is. :-[

What's this about a giveaway? I thought giveaways were against the rules on head-case, since there hasn't been any as far as I know. >:D

Hey, I'm surprised no one mentioned how craptastic my audio rack is. :-[

Elephas thinks ATH-W5000 sound awesome. I need one, too.

Elephas says ATH-AD2000 is the best dynamic headphone he's heard (and he's heard a lot). I need one, too

I still like the W5000 and AD2000, but I think the R10, L3000, Qualia, PS-1, HP-2, K1000 and sometimes even the W11JPN, HD650, HD600 and K701 are as good or better. My current dynamic amps are apparently crappy, though. I'll reserve final judgement until I can try the dynamics with a balanced amp.