How has your rig changed in 2007? And do you have any future plans?

postjack

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My setup has been a little static for a while. I do have plans for a Pico to feed my Hafler. I also want to find a SRD-7Mk2 so I can run both my high and low bias Staxes at the same time without needing two energizers. Aside from that I'm pretty well set except for maybe one of the following four:

O2

He 1.2b

TakeT

ATH-W5000

I'm happy with my Staxes and K1000s so the phones listed are not really necessary at the minute so, yeah :)

What Hafler do you have, Smeggy? I use a P125 to power by TakeT TR2/H2 rig. The best $50 I ever spent on an amp. ;D

I have a DH-220. It runs the K1000 exceedingly well. No steeliness, lots of oomph @ 110Wpc. Nobody who's heard it thinks the K1000 lacks bass. Runs hot as hell though ;D

I have a DH-220. It runs the K1000 exceedingly well. No steeliness, lots of oomph @ 110Wpc. Nobody who's heard it thinks the K1000 lacks bass. Runs hot as hell though ;D

Holy shit, 110WPC? How do you even have volume range? On my old FirstWatt 10WPC amp, I would only turn my pre-amp to about 12 o'clock before I have to dial it down again. Unless you listen to music LOUD.

Holy shit, 110WPC? How do you even have volume range? On my old FirstWatt 10WPC amp, I would only turn my pre-amp to about 12 o'clock before I have to dial it down again. Unless you listen to music LOUD.

Loud? Hehe, yes well. Erm ;D

I have a NAD preamp and I can go to about 9-10 o'clock. I rarely get to 12 unless it's a very quiet recording.

My P125 is 60WPC. It has two gain pots in the back, and I keep them ...quite low (I'm not going to try to estimate a clock position.) It's got nice fat heat sinks on either side of it, and it still gets quite warm to the touch. In spite of that, I keep the GLite/DPS and TR2 perched on top of it. I really do need to take a picture of my rig one of these days.

I also want to find a SRD-7Mk2 so I can run both my high and low bias Staxes at the same time without needing two energizers. ..

He 1.2b

Since I already have SRD-7 MkII, I plan to pick up some more 'stats myself in '08. I really don't have the self-control to avoid buying the HE 1.2b methinks ;D

Apologies for the late entry. Thought this would be a good cautionary tale.

I think I started the year with AKG-271S, Grado SR-125, Etymotic ER6i a 4G Ipod and a X-Can V2 and a speaker rig.

Then in March I bought a couple of Creative EMU 1212M soundcards (one for work, one for home) a pair of AKG 701 and a Doge.

In April, bought a pair of ATH-W5000, ATH-L3000 and AT-HA5000 and ordered a pair of Darth Beyers and a Yamamoto HA-02.

In May, bought an AT-DHA3000.

Quiet months in June-August. Probably too busy enjoying the L3000 + DHA3000 and having fun getting into cycling which I hadn't done since I was 18.

In September it all went pear-shaped. Bought two pairs of Sony R10, AKG K1000, ordered a Supra SDS SE from SinglePower, which morphed somehow into a fully-loaded Supra XLR demo unit with around $7k worth of upgrades and a Wavelength Crimson.

In October, bought a pair of Denon D5000, a SP Extreme Platinum and a MHDT Lab Paradisea+ DAC.

Was part of the HeadAmp Pico pre-order list. Picked up a pair of Koss KSC75 somewhere along the way.

Have since sold the AKG 271 + 701, Grado SR-125, Darth Beyers, W5000, X-Can V2, Doge, AT-HA5000 and AT-DHA3000.

This year I've bought a Sony CD3000 which I plan on replacing the drivers and cable with R10 versions of the same.

Also in the process of getting a Sennheiser HE90 - bought a Stax SRM-T1.

Currently waiting for Mikhail to spec up a Concerto XLR Accent-T for me....