New acquisition - an unplanned cat

boomana

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Dr. Snuggles? Or Mr. Shasbotski?

I like Mr. Shasbotski, mostly because I will enjoy seeing how the receptionist at the vet will respond to that answer when she asks me what his name is.

Samgotit has suggested Tarbell due to his tar belly (though he ripped quite a bit of that out last night, at least from his tail).

"What's your cat's name?"

"Mr. Tarbell Shasbotki."

I like it very much.

Cats should have food related names imo.

Toast/Toastie, Crumpet, Marmalade, Marmite etc

That's because you were never an eight-year-old girl. Between ages 5-10 (peaking in high form around age 8 ), we have named every pet, doll and stuffed animal within a 10-mile radius a food related name and changed them up at least two or three times. It's hard to go back there, though Toastie has a nice ring.

Dr. Snuggles I understand, but...Mr. Shasbotski? Is that a reference to something, or is it just ...arbitrary?

Both, it's Shasbot (which comic book guy has uttered many times on the Simpsons) and ski, which is arbitrary and makes it more name-like.

i.e Capt. Shpadoinkleburg or Mrs. D'oh!popoulus

...and (you're probably too young to know this) was a reference to "Mork & Mindy" -- an early TV show starring Robin Williams.

Damn! you're right. No I'm not too young to know that, but I am on the age cusp of knowing that. I did watch Mork and Mindy as a kid...even caught some episodes of Jonie Loves Chachi too :)

I'm not sure if I was around for the original airings, but I was aware of Happy Days as well as the Dukes of Hazzard, TJ Hooker, CHiPs, MASH, Dallas, Falcon Crest, and watched episodes for all of those shows (Dallas and Falcon Crest were my mom's shows, but since we only owned one TV at the time it was that or nothing.)

I'm not sure if I was around for the original airings, but I was aware of Happy Days as well as the Dukes of Hazzard, TJ Hooker, CHiPs, MASH, Dallas, Falcon Crest, and watched episodes for all of those shows (Dallas and Falcon Crest were my mom's shows, but since we only owned one TV at the time it was that or nothing.)

Did you get to see "WKRP in Cincinnati"? That was another great series.