Three Weeks 'Till iPhone

postjack

"Three Weeks 'Till iPhone!"

OR

"Convince Me Otherwise!"

An Adventure In Expensive Gadgetry No One Really Needs

Our family plan with Verizon ends January 21st, and my dad and mom are switching to Cingular. I'd like to switch over to Cingular as well, since I speak with them on the phone probably more then anyone else. Of course this also presents a great opportunity to buy my first fancy ass phone: the iPhone. I have been staunchly anti-fancy phone my entire life. In fact when I went with my Dad to sign up for our Verizon plan two years ago, I was adamant that the phones we received not have cameras in them. I just wanted a telephone, damn it.

But the iPhone has finally lured me in with its touchscreen, ease of use, everywhere internet access, and nice weight and feel. A coworker of mine has had one for months and I've slowly felt the obsession build. I'm pretty much all set right now to do it, but now I've got this three week cool down period with which to really think about it.

So I'm asking you, my headcase peeps, to tell me why I shouldn't get an iPhone. Or why I should. Or you can not participate in this thread at all, which is fine as well. :prettyprincess:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldn't get the iPhone, and here's why: it's basically just an iPod -- without the cool interface -- and a cell phone -- admittedly, the kind with internet built in, but...whatevs... You already have a cell phone and an iPod, no? Then what do you need it for?

actually i think the touchscreen interface is super cool. might be the biggest selling point for me about the whole package.