Three Weeks 'Till iPhone

postjack

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping with the upcoming release of the Software Development Kit (I think that's what it's called) someone will write a program that will allow the iphone to sync with outlook for calendar and contacts. If that happens, I will buy three for the office.

it's bound to happen, i'm surprised apple hasn't done anything about it yet to be honest with you.

i never wear gloves, so it hasn't been a problem for me. i don't like how gloves restrict my fine motor skills.

I have some thin leather descent gloves I use when I need dexterity and warmth :)

Mostly tho, it doesn't get cold down here, so gloves aren't necessary.

Get a Pocket PC instead.

Move to a warmer climate.

Use your nose.

I used the first two options.

-Ed

I have a Pocket PC, but the screen is almost impossible to view in the sunlight, which makes calling, or anything else, difficult at best. I have also never figured out how to view missed calls, and since I refuse to empty my voicemail, I never know who has been trying to call me when I can't find my phone in my purse. Yes, and by typing that, I do realize the idiocy of my statement.

I actually think the iphone plan is not that bad. I went with the cheapest one. You get unlimited data, which to me is the most important part; its crazy expensive on other plans/phones. If I don't use my minutes, they roll over, so now I've got like one million minutes. They do expire eventually, but I basically can talk all I want and never worry about going over; on the cheapest plan. I can send like 5000 text messages a month, which is way more than I need. The key is to setup automatic bill pay on the website, so you don't pay late, and don't keep track of how much money it costs.

The phone is so god damed convenient. I can listen to music, order pizza for pickup, send a quick email and text message, and take a picture and upload it to the web, all on my way home from work.

No one really needs the iphone; you can do it all by other means. Its just so fun to be able to do it all in one streamlined device. I bought mine when it was $200 more, (8BG model) and I still don't regret buying it. Its got me out of a few jams too.

Perhaps the best feature is its camera; if I want to post something for sale, normally I'd have to hunt down my camera, but not anymore, I just whip out my phone.

iPhone may be a fun little phone, but it's service plan sucks Beeley's hot tub pruney balls.

:kitty:

As a current sprint customer I can safely safe in my personal experience with this company that no service plan can be worse then what sprint gives. the price a month is not bad for what you get but the problem is Not Getting Calls, Not Getting Texts, Not having your texts sent to other phones in completed form, Not being able to call out often, not getting texts from other phones in a timely manner (within a few hours), and this is just a few of the "problems" i have been living with in the last few weeks...never mind my entire experience cause that would be a novel long.

BUT!!!!

on February 5th 2008 my contract i agreed to when i bought my i-930 two years back ends! and on February 5th 2008 i will buy and have in my hands an i-phone. and on February 6th 2008 i will change over from sprint to AT&T.

sure i may be paying a bit more then my $130.00 a month for free incoming mins plan i have now, But if i could at least receive a text or make a call any time within 20 hours of a day then the extra cost will be worth it.

Sprint seriously sucks! i mean Sprint really and seriously Fucking sucks!

I read your post in the other thread about the comparison between the HTC touch and the i-phone and i thank you cause it has led me in many researching directions i would not of went down. but to me the i-phone has the functions i need and want, but nothing can be worse then sprint....

Doesn't matter which phone company you use, if you're in a bad area for their towers, you'll get bad service. At my house, sprint is the only company providing 3g service. AT&T has reasonable GSM coverage here. Sprint/Nextel service is non-existant here.

I've never had problems with sprint for texting. Well, I did, 5 years ago.

:kitty:

As a current sprint customer I can safely safe in my personal experience with this company that no service plan can be worse then what sprint gives. the price a month is not bad for what you get but the problem is Not Getting Calls, Not Getting Texts, Not having your texts sent to other phones in completed form, Not being able to call out often, not getting texts from other phones in a timely manner (within a few hours), and this is just a few of the "problems" i have been living with in the last few weeks...never mind my entire experience cause that would be a novel long.

BUT!!!!

on February 5th 2008 my contract i agreed to when i bought my i-930 two years back ends! and on February 5th 2008 i will buy and have in my hands an i-phone. and on February 6th 2008 i will change over from sprint to AT&T.

sure i may be paying a bit more then my $130.00 a month for free incoming mins plan i have now, But if i could at least receive a text or make a call any time within 20 hours of a day then the extra cost will be worth it.

Sprint seriously sucks! i mean Sprint really and seriously Fucking sucks!

I read your post in the other thread about the comparison between the HTC touch and the i-phone and i thank you cause it has led me in many researching directions i would not of went down. but to me the i-phone has the functions i need and want, but nothing can be worse then sprint....

• 1 month later...

WILCO!!! I ended up not getting my ticket for it like I was supposed to :sadcat:

If I drive to Tulsa and don't find someone selling a ticket it will be a sad day.

dude, it was a gnarly show, and loud as hell to boot. I posted the full setlist in the "last concert you attended" thread in the music subforum, but highlights included a stunning "Via Chicago", some favorites from A.M. including "Pick Up The Change" and "Box Full Of Letters", and a mind blowing encore closer of "Monday" -> "Outtasite (outtamind)".