taboo

dc

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, no court today. Sitting around the office in jeans. Went home for a long lunch to check out the Apogee Duet. I felt he was whinning. He says he knows nothing of Jude, feels it's childish for Jude to not permit the mention of HC when there are many here who may not agree but recognize as to why he would take that position. Neither he nor I have any idea on what Jude makes from the site or how much he lost in the past and he decided to take his ball an go home. Beside, I've had the pic for a while and have been waiting for the opportunity to use it. If others disagree, I respect that.

Nope, no court today. Sitting around the office in jeans. Went home for a long lunch to check out the Apogee Duet. I felt he was whinning. He says he knows nothing of Jude, feels it's childish for Jude to not permit the mention of HC when there are many here who may not agree but recognize as to why he would take that position. Neither he nor I have any idea on what Jude makes from the site or how much he lost in the past and he decided to take his ball an go home. Beside, I've had the pic for a while and have been waiting for the opportunity to use it. If others disagree, I respect that.

how's the duet?

I thought that your first response was appropriate. He then backed off a lot on his response. You escalated after that with the crying baby image. That was a bit much, don't you think?

how's the duet?

I was home for about 45 minutes with it going back and forth between it and the Cosecant. I had to do some volume matching as the Duet with the volume up was a louder than the Cosecant. I tried to over compensate a bit with the Cosecant and give it a slight advantage. The Duet is surprisingly good. I've already tried the new Cayin usb Dac and it was beaten pretty handily by the Cosecant. The Duet may be serious competition. The bass is deep, maybe deeper than the Cosecant. The soundstage may be more 3 dimensional and just as wide. I may stop at Radio Shack and by a volume meter (whatever they are called) to do an exact volume match. I am pretty excited by this. If I can replace the Cosecant with something that costs much less, then my tt budget increases significantly.

I thought that your first response was appropriate. He then backed off a lot on his response. You escalated after that with the crying baby image. That was a bit much, don't you think?

It may have been and I said if someone disagreed I would respect their opinion. I can't remove it but if a mod wants to I am fine with that.

You need to report it. I remember dealing with a beresford thread not too long ago, but I can't recall the issue.

I reported a couple of posts, mentioning I think he may be in bed with beresford, or be beresford himself...

let's hope this reaches the powers that be

oh and i probably reported the original post, where he was talking about chinese cloning and going waaaaay too far slagging off chinese in general and going off some wierd taiwanese tangeant

I reported a couple of posts, mentioning I think he may be in bed with beresford, or be beresford himself...

let's hope this reaches the powers that be

oh and i probably reported the original post, where he was talking about chinese cloning and going waaaaay too far slagging off chinese in general and going off some wierd taiwanese tangeant

I went back to find your report, which I did. I've been looking at his posts. I do remember getting involved at some point in that long review thread. I just don't remember.

I come from HF too, but I've noticed that most members here are so experienced that almost none of you will be interested in low to mid-fi gear which I can afford. >:( Many of you have beta22, northstar, L3000, few R10s.....

You should dismiss that assumption, we all started somewhere and very few of us started with hi-fi gear. And most of us still own and use some of our original equipment in second systems, office or bedroom rigs, etc.

The Rock Grotto certainly does not get easily linked to on head-fi. I've had links to it I've posted deleted on several occasions. But then the trench between Jude and Mike is a little more craggy and sharp than what you get with forum competition.

holy shit... Merton is a moderator there?