Liqour or Beer???

oicdn

Which is your preference? I noticed most people fall one way or the other. I personally HATE beer. It's disgusting and flavorless IMO. I can tolerate DARK DARK beer, like Mackeson XXX and Gulden Draak, mainly because they're so damn dark...but otherwise, I pass on Bud, Miller and Heiny..blah.

I personally prefer liqour... 4 Horsemen, Svedka on the rocks and mixed girly drinks hit the spot...

Bud and Miller dont deserve the name beer. At best they deserve the term Rice Based Fermented Infusions.

Real ale is for the very win. And if by liqour you mean spirits in general, then they are also for the win, if by liqour you mean Liqueur, then those are also win.

Australian beers...I'll check that out next time I goto Total Wine or World Market. ANy specific ones?

Australian boutique beers are the best. A little pricy, UAD$20-25 for a 6 pack but just amazing. Maybe imported beers lose their flavour in transit but the local stuff from small breweries produce just the most flavoursome beers. Imports are as described above, bland. A few of my personal favourites:

Blue Tongue Premium Lager - a true gourmet beer, brewed in the Hunter Valley it has a delicate, smooth, clean taste with a deep barley flavour, best had with food it ends in a slightly bitter note but is still very easy drinking. Wonderful with seafood.

Little Creatures' Amber Ale - a fruity, slightly sweet almost dessert like beer is brewed in far away Fremantle of Western Australia and is a complex combination of roasted grains and fruity overtones that ends in an amber, not-so-bitter finish. A good beer to clean off the palette at the end of a good meal.

James Squire's Original Amber Ale - Brewed at the legendary Malt Shovel brewery in Camperdown, Sydney is a complex and full flavoured beer that starts off with a thick creamy head that leads into a dark copper coloured body that is deep and flavoursome, almost caramel like in taste with malty undertones that finishes in a tight bitter punch. A great beer with steak.

I drink liquor almost exclusively these days. Beer does not site well at all (I believe I've developed an allergy to most of it) so it's not so much a matter of choice since I very much enjoyed drinking beer but one of necessity. Enjoyed a glass of Highland Park 12yr last night as a matter of fact. And I find a good vodka tonic every bit as refreshing as a beer after a long day in the hot sun.

That's how they always drink it on TV when they are trying to drown in their sorrows.

Jim Beam and Jack Daniels are distinctive TV "get drunk and do something stupid" liquors (technically bourbons). Rarely do you see a drunk guy with a suit and loosened tie, stumbling down the street with a bottle of Macallans 15 year or Highland Park 1985.