Fan-Boy Roster

luvdunhill

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was a R10/SinglePower fangirl until yesterday when my amp died for the third time in a horrible hum.... :P

Frack that sucks Vicki. I'd say send it to Singlepower East but I'm guessing the problem is more than I can handle. I assume that you tried different tubes to eliminate that as the cause. If it's nothing simple like that I'd be all over Mikhail for a replacement, not a repair.

Just home from work and found this thread directed toward me by none other than Mr. Luvdunhill.

I appreciate the recognition, but I think it is a bit misplaced since I am far more a fan-boy of all good headphones and equipment even the Stax. I just happen to own the Ultrasone Edition 9s at this time as Luv.. has so indicated. I have celebrated most of the equipment that I have had over the years and will continue to do so. And I will continue to limit myself to having a few items at a time and such is my way of doing things. I probably will continue to specifically celebrate those particular items I have when I have them.

I find it interesting that some are so uncertain about what they have and enjoy that they need to degrade what others have to apparently make themselves feel a little better in their own insecurities but such is life.

Frack that sucks Vicki. I'd say send it to Singlepower East but I'm guessing the problem is more than I can handle. I assume that you tried different tubes to eliminate that as the cause. If it's nothing simple like that I'd be all over Mikhail for a replacement, not a repair.

I haven't had a chance to check it out as I had company over when it died. I just got sent home from work for coughing and sneezing (I don't actually feel bad, so goodie for me), so I'll mess around with it later. Maybe it's just the tubes, but the last time it died, it was making the same horrible sounds (also happened after using it for many hours straight), so I'm not hopeful. He rebuilt my amp entirely last time (he says), including a new case (the gain switch I had was no longer there) and added the power supply. It sounded so much better than the first one I had, I didn't mind the three month wait, but if it's not tubes (which I doubt), this really stinks.

I find it interesting that some are so uncertain about what they have and enjoy that they need to degrade what others have to apparently make themselves feel a little better in their own insecurities but such is life.

On the contrary some could be so uncertain of what they have that they feel the need to offer their gear nothing but praise.

Well clearly you've got some DIY idiots for friends so if help is needed just know it's there.

Thanks. At least I have my Heed integrated, which is a nice little amp, for the speakers, and a few other amps (including my soon to arrive Pico!!!) to play with around the house.

My boss just banned all music from work today. God forbid we have that around while we work, but I won't have to worry about carrying anything to and from anymore :-[

Just home from work and found this thread directed toward me by none other than Mr. Luvdunhill.

I appreciate the recognition, but I think it is a bit misplaced since I am far more a fan-boy of all good headphones and equipment even the Stax. I just happen to own the Ultrasone Edition 9s at this time as Luv.. has so indicated. I have celebrated most of the equipment that I have had over the years and will continue to do so. And I will continue to limit myself to having a few items at a time and such is my way of doing things. I probably will continue to specifically celebrate those particular items I have when I have them.

Wah

...... My boss just banned all music from work today. God forbid we have that around while we work, but I won't have to worry about carrying anything to and from anymore :-[

A most heinous event. What was (s)he thinking? Did someone loud spoil it for the rest?

A most heinous event. What was (s)he thinking? Did someone loud spoil it for the rest?

No, and that's what's sad. It was decided that if anyone were listening to music, it would give the impression that no real work was getting done, which is bs. Most of our work is done in groups or one-on-one with patients, but it was nice to be able to listen to music while doing all the after-the-fact documentation. They already banned the Internet from all except the Executive Director, the Program Director and Office Manager (but we are allowed to access it from our phones or laptops...go figure). I actually brought in music for the patients. It was a nice way to get to know something about them and have them stop viewing me as the enemy. If you can't have one positive bond, the likelihood that you'll be able to gain their trust enough to do any good is pretty low. Music was an easy in. That's the saddest thing of all.

Back on topic: I'm still a R10 and Senn fangirl.