half my wardrobe (ahem) to pull that off. Damm

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where's the K1000/K701 in that picture?

K1000 at top right. K701 was sold for sounding like rubbish.

Yeah, but where's the mega power amp for the K1000?

I can't find one.

You have to turn around in the picture. I usually don't listen inside the closet, so I don't keep my power amps in there.

No, those are AKG's -- and it looks like a display (see light thingy on left), not a personal collection.

I call BS.

Fitz sez shut yer trap

fingerqd0.jpg

I wish my collection was that organized... I have a glass display case stacked with Stax headphones and a few on stands but it's a horrible way to store them. Those Stax stands get real expensive when you need 35 of them... :-\

Its just a lump of wood for heavens sake. You could make 10 out of a fence post using only a saw, a plane and some varnish.

Its just a lump of wood for heavens sake. You could make 10 out of a fence post using only a saw, a plane and some varnish.

A sturzhelm man like yourself wouldn't understand. If AKG sold an equivalent to my electrical wire / drywall screw hangers, I would probably use the official one to hang all of my headphones.

But your closet looks so professional (which is another reason I called bullshit). I doubt the official AKG ones would look as good.

So which one (besides the K1000) is your favorite? Do you have any of the older ones, like the one that was oriented towards the bassist, or any of the 600 ohm models? If you ever recorded something, would you get AKG microphones?

Would they be able to sustain the weight?

It would probably have to be a Chuck Norris mannequin. Or equivalent.

Surrounder weighs about the same as air. Its made of expanded polystyrene. And everyone knows that expanded polystyrene has the best acoustic properties, that's why the HE90 is made out of it too. See how tech trickles down from the flagship?

But your closet looks so professional (which is another reason I called bullshit). I doubt the official AKG ones would look as good.

But the hangers are just random junk I had laying around:

headphonehangers4pr6.jpg

Electrical wire, flat washers, drywall screws (had to shorten with bolt cutters), and heatshrink.

So which one (besides the K1000) is your favorite? Do you have any of the older ones, like the one that was oriented towards the bassist, or any of the 600 ohm models? If you ever recorded something, would you get AKG microphones?

The middle production K240 sextett is my favourite (I use it more than the K1000). I have plenty of older ones.... K240 sextett (early, middle, and late production), K240 Diffuse-Field, K240 Monitor, K240 50th Anniversary Edition, K241, K242, K250, K260, K260 Professional, K270 Playback, K270 Studio, K270 HC Talkback, K280, K290 Surround, K290 Stereo, K340, K400, K401, K500, K501, and K1000.

:kitty:

Of course I would use AKG microphones. Why would you even ask such a silly question. I already have a headset with an AKG mic too.

if you went swimming, would you get an AKG branded speedo?

Hell yeah I would! I would show up with some of my other AKG swag (t-shirt, tour jacket, baseball cap) on top of it, too. Just so people would have no doubt that I was about to own the place.

But the hangers are just random junk I had laying around:

headphonehangers4pr6.jpg

Alright, but from a distance, they looked really even and ...uh...purposeful? Prepurposed? Professional! ANYWAYS, I stand corrected.

I have a bunch of questions -- is this over on Head-Fi somewhere, I can read it there if you don't want to post again, but...I'll just ask them here:

• What's special about the 50th anniversary?
  • What is the "Sextett"?
  • What is the "Diffuse field"?
  • Are any of them closed?
  • No K271?
  • Are you a member of the AKG forums? You should post that pic there if not.

It's clear that you can't understand just how bad my condition is. :o I have a friend that does custom furniture so it's no problem to have a bunch of stands made out of maple or some other nice material. The problem is that Stax has a stand so my collection has to stand on them even if it costs me more then 1k$ to do so. This is the main reason why I've been streamlining collection so it will only contain Stax (all of them), Senn, Beyer and the Koss ESP950 when I buy it.