fucking crap

grawk

So I went to Arundel Mills Mall today to meet someone who was gonna buy some hockey tickets from me. $80, which almost paid for the gas down there and dinner for my family at popeyes. I met the guy, sold the tickets, bought some crap at the mall, and then went out to my car. My wife points out that her window has been shattered, and that we're missing stuff.

Turns out 5 other people in that mall parking lot ALSO had their windows smashed and stuff stolen in the 3 hrs I was at the mall. I had my xm radio, gps, and my wife's bag of knitting crap? stolen. It was caught on mall security camera video. It was a well lit parking lot. Odds of anything coming of that anyone?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad to hear that...

did you give centre management your details?

maybe file a claim with your car insurance/home & contents insurance

whichever may cover your stuff best

I will. $500 deductible tho. And nothing gets my wife's knitting back.

well it was off actually, and it was more like that thing the powerbooks used to do when ungrounded, where the case would be vibrating, and i picked it up to move it and bam

sorry to thread jack grawk

fucking crap is a general purpose thread, you can jack johnson it.

Grawk,

Sorry to hear that. Hope the cop will catch him. I had similar things happened to me back during my graduate career. The thieves smashed my rear passenger window because he wanted to steal my radio (they didn't get the radio but it costed me $350 to replace the window). Another time, someone stole my bookbag, which contained several textbooks and handwritten notes. It was very bad timing as it was 3 weeks before final exams and I had 3 tests coming up that weeks.

I got rolled this one time.

Had just withdrawn $300 cash from the ATM. I was with 2 other mates, we got mugged by 6 guys.

Surprisingly 4 took me on, and my mates got 1 each. They went straight for my wallet. Surprisingly not even noticing my 1 week old $900 mobile phone.

Makes me think that they saw me from the ATM and followed me.

Moral of the story? Don't walk down dark alley ways.

Sorry, Grawk. I've been there a few times, and it's always the most maddening because you really can't do anything at all except get mad and that doesn't even do any good.

I once lost everything I owned moving into a place. I moved stuff in, went out to eat, came home, and the whole apartment had been cleared out like I'd never been there. The cops just laughed at me (it wasn't exactly in a good neighborhood) when I tried to report it, and that was that. :P

In anchorage a few years back, someone broke nto my truck, and stole a gun, an ipod, and my cellphone.

They used the cellphone for 3 weeks, so I had a log of all their calls. So I called the anchorage pd, to let them know I had the information that would probably help them catch the guy, and get a stolen gun off the streets. Their response-"You can enter the information into the file, but no one will look at it".

Sorry to hear your night out got spoiled like that, grawk.

I had my car broken in to on two occasions. I reported it the first time so I could make an insurance claim. The police took my report and told me to think about simply leaving the car door unlocked, so whoever wants to get in won't break the window or break the lock (which is how they got in).

A couple of weeks later, the thieves broke in again. This time, I had left the car doors unlocked, and so they didn't damage the car. Also, there was nothing to take so nothing was lost.

On an unrelated note, Vicki, is that your Lector 0.6T up for sale on Audiogon? I thought you mentioned in another thread that you were going to sell it.

Grawk don't even get me started on the cunt sucks of this world. i have said many times before of my past with cars being stolen or broken into. the biggest pain in the ass is not the crap thats stolen from the car its getting the window fixed, it costs money, takes time out of your week, and you will always and i mean always have broken glass in the car from this day on...its almost such a pain in the ass you want the morons to just ask you for the keys instead of breaking the window. You really can not have anything decent in this world cause some shit head will try and take it.

though out of all the shit i went threw with the cars i will tell you nothing matches the feeling of having a gun pointed to your head, its like there is such a instant fear that takes you over that you just don't care about your life anymore all in one weird split second. that moment changed my care and value of this world big time afterwards, like i respect life so much yet death is such a great thing at the same time cause it could come that fast and that stupid. my friends and i were hanging out in my friends garage when some dude walking down the alley just pulled a gun to my head for no reason. i looked at him and he looked at me then ran, while jumping the fence to run threw the gang ways on the side of the garage the gun went off..fucker was loaded and cocked when it was at my head. we all just stood there in silence for maybe a minute, kind of like all time just stopped..the whole world just stopped..

In anchorage a few years back, someone broke nto my truck, and stole a gun, an ipod, and my cellphone.

They used the cellphone for 3 weeks, so I had a log of all their calls. So I called the anchorage pd, to let them know I had the information that would probably help them catch the guy, and get a stolen gun off the streets. Their response-"You can enter the information into the file, but no one will look at it".

it sounds like your fault. Why would you live in alaksa? that's crazy.