Soul Calibur 4 (OMFG)

hungrych

Blah, I would so woop all of you guys in Soul Caliber II.

I felt SC2 was the low point of the series so far. The way characters auto-face side stepping opponents at times really turned it into a masher's game. Seemed less of a problem in SC3 although it was still present. To me nothing before or after has quite surpassed SC1 on Dreamcast as of yet.

Vader? Yoda? What the fuck are they thinking? How about actually balancing the fucking game for once and making sure that shit like variable cancel doesn't make it into the fourth installment.

I loved SC3 but it was one of the most broken high-profile fighting games I've ever seen. And most of the new content was a joke (Setsuka's fun though).

First, fix what's there, don't just introduce new bullshit that nobody wants.

Or maybe people really do want Yoda and Vader?

How about Kirk and Picard in SC5? I bet that would answer another age-old question.

:rant:

Vader? Yoda? What the fuck are they thinking? How about actually balancing the fucking game for once and making sure that shit like variable cancel doesn't make it into the fourth installment.

I loved SC3 but it was one of the most broken high-profile fighting games I've ever seen. And most of the new content was a joke (Setsuka's fun though).

The problem is that whether there's bugs in the gameplay or not the gaming media will give it 90% or 9/10 just like the last two which were heavily flawed games and people will buy it by the truckload. If I'm honest that's really all I'm expecting from SC4. I'm sure I'll enjoy it just like the last game. If they do actually fix the gameplay though it might actually be fun to play multiplayer more heavily. Completely agree with you about Setsuka too. She can be challenging to play but I always enjoy it.

The problem is that whether there's bugs in the gameplay or not the gaming media will give it 90% or 9/10 just like the last two which were heavily flawed games and people will buy it by the truckload. If I'm honest that's really all I'm expecting from SC4. I'm sure I'll enjoy it just like the last game. If they do actually fix the gameplay though it might actually be fun to play multiplayer more heavily. Completely agree with you about Setsuka too. She can be challenging to play but I always enjoy it.

Well, I'll still buy it, whatever they do. Considering that it's the dollar vote that counts, I'm still voting for the series. Though to be honest, if SC4 ends up going in the same direction that SC3 was going, I doubt I'll be holding my breath for SC5. There's only so much I can take before I admit that the series is flawed, and move onto greener pastures.

Yeah, Setsuka's combos can be a bitch, as well as her just frames. I can't count how much time I spent trying to get her 1A:A:A down and I still can't get it right every time. Still, the playstyle reminds me a lot of my favorite character from Samurai Showdown (Ukyo Tachibana) - speed, range, damage, and punishment. It puts a lot of psychological pressure on your opponent and forces them to turtle, which lets you really control the match. Though I'm still a Mitsurugi player first and foremost and will probably always be. He's just so versatile and has so much potential for mind games, whereas Setsuka is more mechanical and is more about control and punishment.

I was a really big fan of Soul Edge (Soul Blade). However starting with SC1 on the DC I believe...they turned siegfried into that really slow nightmare creature. SCII was the same (far as I remember). After that I stopped keeping up with it. Seems Siegfried is back with IV. Also with a system in the house that can play SCIV, I'll probably try it out again.

I was a really big fan of Soul Edge (Soul Blade). However starting with SC1 on the DC I believe...they turned siegfried into that really slow nightmare creature. SCII was the same (far as I remember). After that I stopped keeping up with it. Seems Siegfried is back with IV. Also with a system in the house that can play SCIV, I'll probably try it out again.

As far as I recall Siegfried has always been available through the entire series although I think in some games he may have been a locked character by default. In play style though he has tended to be reasonably close to Nightmare in the recent games although there are still some differences in his move lists. He's never been quite as fast as he originally was, but he does have some deceptively quick moves. Personally I liked Soul Blade a lot and the soundtrack was excellent.

I mostly play Xianghua, Seong Mina and Cervantes, but with SC3 I've been playing Setsuka, Talim and Tira a bit more heavily mainly because they're all quite varied to play.

I played Soul Blade back on PS1, but don't remember much of it as it was too long ago. SC II I was an Ivy/Necrid player. For SC III, I tried to play Ivy, but she changed so much that I gave up.

Sestuka was a pain, she's fucking fast.

And Siegfried was in SC III.

As far as I recall Siegfried has always been available through the entire series although I think in some games he may have been a locked character by default. In play style though he has tended to be reasonably close to Nightmare in the recent games although there are still some differences in his move lists. He's never been quite as fast as he originally was, but he does have some deceptively quick moves. Personally I liked Soul Blade a lot and the soundtrack was excellent.

I mostly play Xianghua, Seong Mina and Cervantes, but with SC3 I've been playing Setsuka, Talim and Tira a bit more heavily mainly because they're all quite varied to play.

Yeh, I didn't really consider Nightmare as him. Since it seemed like an alot heavier attack character, with very slow movements. Whereas the original, was decent attack, really fast, and had a nice set of fairly fast set of kicking attacks for close range. (spin kick/drop kick)