So...who's listened to the ALO AU/AG cables, lol.

oicdn

From the website: It's both an imod cable, and not an imod cable ;)

iMod Au/Ag line out dock cable $250.00

I only have one of these, here is the info on the "Au/Ag" cable types for a iMod- this cable is for a iMod and has the Black Gate Caps installed

ALO pushing the sonic envelope yet again with the ALO SCD Au/Ag Series cable. We take a our special 20 gauge solid silver wire and have it coated in 24K pure gold in our lab. This wire is pushed though extra thick 100% natural cotton and to yield the guts of a cable unparalleled in sonic capabilities. The treatment gives the silver tarnish stability and adds a warming effect to the sonics.

Another breakthrough by ALO

Important: This cable is not made for a iMod. It does not have the necessary Black Gate caps in the cable needed for the iMod. If you want a cable for the iMod please see the "iMod Cables" section. Thank You

I was about to point that out, but what bothers me more is...

"Another breakthrough by ALO"

He is absolutely fully of crap. There is nothing new or unique about gold platted silver or gold alloy wire. I have personally used it for over 4 years now.... unless I missed that somehow he developed platting machines years and years ago.

I have an ALO line-out dock I got used for $45 off head-fi a year or so ago, and a mini-mini I also got for $45. I quite like them, but not for new prices. I have an imod, and it does sound noticeably better than a regular ipod. Since I don't use it that much anymore (uh...actually I have two, but one Vinnie did for free without me knowing for a couple months...long story), I'm going to definitely sell one or maybe both. I have a hard time believing that a $250 cable would add that much of a difference to an imod or even ipod's sq, but I guess if you have ooodles of money, go for it and find out.

He is absolutely fully of crap. There is nothing new or unique about gold platted silver or gold alloy wire. I have personally used it for over 4 years now.... unless I missed that somehow he developed platting machines years and years ago.

He'll come up with some technicality about his brand of wire, or at least that's what he did with the "first in the world Ipod LOD claim" he made earlier this year. He may be a nice guy (and is from what I hear) but he likes to take an awful lot of credit for discoveries that have already been discovered by someone else.