(must be) better the more it costs, right?

It's true. When I was in college, I worked in a china, jewelry, gifts, & collectibles type store. There was some jewelry that we underpriced so bad, that no-one would buy it except for other jewelry merchants (they knew what it was they were buying, everyone else was like, "I wonder what's wrong with it?"). Once we raised the prices, they started selling.

It's true. When I was in college, I worked in a china, jewelry, gifts, & collectibles type store. There was some jewelry that we underpriced so bad, that no-one would buy it except for other jewelry merchants (they knew what it was they were buying, everyone else was like, "I wonder what's wrong with it?"). Once we raised the prices, they started selling.

It's a good thing that the hi-fi community is completely immune from this phenomenon.

Charts/Graphs or it never happened.

I had this problem the one summer I worked for Eastern Mountain Sports.

I didn't work for commission so it didn't matter how much sales I made, but most times, it was easier for me to sell more expensive stuff than less expensive, but just as capable gears. This was also the summer I learned I can't work retail without going insane.