Ha Ha Ha, Very Funny Prank...... >:D

Upstateguy

Decided to go visit one of our upstate Pizza emporiums the other night

orig.jpg

Even though it's upstate, we have an internet Jukebox on the wall

orig.jpg

It plays all the popular songs

orig.jpg

Ordered a large pie (Hey, what did you expect, it's not Manhattan, it's upstate)

orig.jpg

Figured I'd put a little hot pepper on it, but someone rigged the cap to come off with a few shakes.... ha ha ha nice prank >:D

orig.jpg

I usually see thin crust pizzas cut this way, but not hand tossed dough.

In my area, the only time I see square or rectangle pizza slices is when the pizza place makes a rectangular pizza. Every round pizza I've ever seen until half an hour ago has been cut into wedge shaped slices, and I did not think there was any other way of cutting a round pizza.

In my area, the only time I see square or rectangle pizza slices is when the pizza place makes a rectangular pizza. Every round pizza I've ever seen until half an hour ago has been cut into wedge shaped slices, and I did not think there was any other way of cutting a round pizza.

I've seen places throughout the northeast that cut it that way. Excluding NYC metro, which is exclusively pie wedges.

I guess there are peculiarities in language and presentation of food everywhere we go

for one, I've never called a pizza a pie. a pie is a deep dished pastry filled with meat like this:

DSC00151.jpg

also, the only time i've seen a pizza cut that way is when it's garlic/herb pizza starters

finally, i take photos of lots of food as seen here: http://www.a-chau.net/gallery2/v/Food/

it's bizarre because sometimes i get extra good service as a result (i also sometimes take a notepad and write comments about food) other time i'm asked to stop and they get freaked out

i can only imagine in scenario 1 they think i write restaurant reviews for a prestigious publication/website or 2 they think i'm from the health inspection authority

I guess there are peculiarities in language and presentation of food everywhere we go

for one, I've never called a pizza a pie. a pie is a deep dished pastry filled with meat like this:

also, the only time i've seen a pizza cut that way is when it's garlic/herb pizza starters

finally, i take photos of lots of food as seen here: http://www.a-chau.net/gallery2/v/Food/

it's bizarre because sometimes i get extra good service as a result (i also sometimes take a notepad and write comments about food) other time i'm asked to stop and they get freaked out

i can only imagine in scenario 1 they think i write restaurant reviews for a prestigious publication/website or 2 they think i'm from the health inspection authority

Cool pie picture dc... ;D

When I was taking the pizza pictures the other day, they didn't get freaked out, but they did come over to ask about it.... :D

Here's a lobster from Maine

standard.jpg

and a shrimp from China Town

standard.jpg

but the pepper flakes was the funniest I ever took.....

USG

I, for one, believe USG took those pictures. EXIF scrying tells me that he has a Canon PowerShot G7, which is a very nice point & shoot. My first camera was a PowerShot S60. I kept it on my belt and took it with me everywhere. It was nice being able to take quality pictures anywhere I went (cameraphones are a blight on humanity.) My S60 died twice, once when it was three months old, and once when it was 13 (warranty expired after 12.) In spite of this, I bought ...another Canon. This time an EOS 30D. Having an SLR and a handful of lenses has revolutionized the way I take pictures, but man, do I miss the compact size and light weight of my PowerShot. :o

orig.jpg

1/25th of a second exposure, sitting near the edge of the table. I used to take shots like this all the time. I used to be a member of an improvised tripod group on Flickr. I'm afraid this technique works less well with an SLR. I'd love to buy another point & shoot, but that's $300 I could spend on a new lens (mmm, EF 85mm F/1.8 ) or *chuckle* audio. ;D

...but my little Canon Elph is just amazingly limited with quick, candid shots (it actually takes pretty nice photos from a tripod, but that defeats the purpose of having such a small camera, in my opinion).

I haven't had any real issues with my digital Elph unless I'm trying to do something dumb like taking long exposure pictures of people at night. The picture below is a hand-held 2 second exposure at night, image stabilization rocks.

snow05.jpg

i badly need to get a digital SLR, preferably a Nikon so i can use all my early 80's vintage Nikkor lenses. it doesn't need to be anything super duper special, but my little Canon Elph is just amazingly limited with quick, candid shots (it actually takes pretty nice photos from a tripod, but that defeats the purpose of having such a small camera, in my opinion).

Nikon's dSLRs are ...okay (except for the new D3, which is sexy in the extreme, but you may not want to spend $5000.) Until very recently, Canon has been fully a generation ahead of Nikon. You can get an adapter to mount any manual focus Nikon lens on a Canon EOS body. I don't own any Nikkors, but I have a bunch of M42 screw-mount manual focus lens, and a adapter to attach them to my two Canons. I've had a lot of fun using them.