MacBook Air

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad has time capsule and loves it.

That macbook air looks pretty cool, though I found a spelling mistake on their page, "So thin yet so expansive." ...that's expensive Apple, sheesh. :D [j/k]

If I was to buy one, I'd definately put in the extra cash and get a solid state drive. How cool would that be? 8)

My dad has time capsule and loves it.

That macbook air looks pretty cool, though I found a spelling mistake on their page, "So thin yet so expansive." ...that's expensive Apple, sheesh. :D [j/k]

If I was to buy one, I'd definately put in the extra cash and get a solid state drive. How cool would that be? 8)

He probably has Time Machine that comes with Leopard. Time Capsule is a wireless hard drive. Either 500gb or 1tb.

You might be right, all I know is that he has this external drive that is 1Tb, it's called 'Time Something', and it backs up his OS and allows him to turn his iMac into a pimped out Delorean...

That's probably Time Machine using an external drive. Time Capsule won't ship until February. It's a seperate wireless base station with the drive built in.

Todd - That's all well and good... it still doesn't have an optical drive. I don't care how 'wireless and free' you are, that is a problem.

Mike - Yeah, it must be Time Machine. Whatever it is, it is pretty cool, but not enough to justify my dads unhealthy obsession with it. :D

If you are plugging in peripherals, that sort of cuts down on the portability. How would wirelessly using another computers optical drive work?

Christ, every time I try to submit my post there is a new message...

Jay - Floppy disks are getting old, optical drives are here to stay for now. Flash sticks are all well and good, but sometimes you need to install new software or throw in a music CD. ;)

Todd - That's all well and good... it still doesn't have an optical drive. I don't care how 'wireless and free' you are, that is a problem.

Oh I'm not saying it's a good thing (in fact I'd never buy one) I'm just saying theres no way to get it that thin and still have an optical drive built-in.

It looks like it'll break into a million pieces when dropped.

I think apple products are durable enough. My large and heavy ipod photo have dropped many times, and somehow always chooses to fall on hard sidewalk :( and never had a problem- even the screen.

My macbook dropped from about 9 foot off the side railing of stairs onto granite floor, and other than a sorta-bent-wierd side, everything is intact, even thought it was on when it fell. The second time, I dropped it from around 4 feet with the screen open and on! (I was holding it up with one hand for some reason) It fell in the most awkward way and the screen started flashing and interlacing. Rebooted, and presto- as if nothing happened.

I have yet to have any apple product break from dropping onto hard surfaces.