Eee PC

the problem Nate, since you don't have a Mac, you can't use Perian, so you'll either have to find another re-encoder to deal with AVIs, or find a AVI plug in for Windows Quicktime. i'm sure there are plenty of options out there.

Yeah, option #1 right now is a used Imac or Mac Mini. I posted about buying a mini yesterday as the result of my favorite childhood game being re-released and I'm seriously considering picking up something mac-based to use as a desktop replacement in the office.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, if you need to get a new display at the same time, getting a Mini and a nice big LCD isn't much cheaper than getting an iMac, and the iMac has the advantage of a real video card and easy access to the RAM. it's the choice i made, obviously, i just wish the damn thing would be delivered.

* Dave loves iMacs

well, if you need to get a new display at the same time, getting a Mini and a nice big LCD isn't much cheaper than getting an iMac,

Quick, probably stupid question. It's been a decade or more since I owned a MAC and back then monitors that worked on MAC's didn't work on PC's and vise versa. Is that still the case or will any old LCD do? I've got a nice 19" display at home which is what initially made me think mini.

Quick, probably stupid question. It's been a decade or more since I owned a MAC and back then monitors that worked on MAC's didn't work on PC's and vise versa. Is that still the case or will any old LCD do? I've got a nice 19" display at home which is what initially made me think mini.

it'll work just fine, you may need to buy an adapter though

EDIT: Apparently it has DVI, so you need DVI to VGA

i have my desk all cleaned up, waiting for the damn thing, stupid FedEx, in 15 minutes it will be late (expedited shipping is supposed to guarantee speedy deliveries). i won't be able to get a miniDVI to DVI adapter until tomorrow, though, which kinda sucks, as i was looking forward to dual 20" 1680x1050 displays. my ViewSonic will even kinda match, as it has a black bezel with a silver border.

nice screen. i want a widescreen display for my macbook. i have a samsung 940n that i'm using along with my macbook, 19 inch 1280x1024 resolution.

really? i've been suggesting it for years to people. given the mark up that Apple has, i don't mind cheating them out of a little bit of money ;)

yeah, i was under the general impression that there must be a catch, but considering i'm still a student, i use it. this is good news for other people i know though ;D