NFL biggest upset in the making

mjg

Believe it, the Giants can take it all the way, defeated all the odds, and have an honest chance of taking down the "perfect team". Every time the Giants are supposed to lose, they won... They suck, had a spineless quarterback, and are a "dirty team" according to some packers players? Will the media still be talking all this trash about the giants tommorow morning? I'm loving it... As a Jets fan, i'm really pulling to see the Giants clean up the Patriots, and this has probably got to be an awesome battle of a superbowl. I'm psyched.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure would be the biggest upset but honestly with how bad the Patriots have looked as of late who knows what's going to happen in the Super Bowl this year.

most everyone here probably knows my stance on the patriots. i'm rooting for the giants 100%, probably more fervently than i've ever rooted for my Steelers. the giants gave the patriots a hell of a run for their life when they played them last and i can't wait to see another Manning owning Brady's pompous ass.

patriots will be favored by at least 2 touch downs. The patriots are so good, and won every game, but are they as good as everyone thinks they are? If the giants won the super bowl, imagine the look on belliceks face, and imagine how stupid tiki barber will feel for quitting and talking so much trash about manning and coughlin. This really is going to be an awesome super bowl.

i can't even watch sportscenter anymore because of all the patriots love, it sickens me to no end. people need to stop talking about mr. dump it off like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and realize that while he had a good season, it was no where near the extreme efficieny that peyton had in 2004. wow, he threw 1 more touchdown than peyton did in 76 more pass attempts and an extra game. let's not forget peyton's ridiculous passer rating of 121.1, which has yet to be bested. so who really had the better season? manning in 04 or brady in 07. manning hands down. i mean you just can't argue that fact. yet espn, the station that literally bandwagons on the hot shit to date, can't stop spewing shit about the brady bunch it's so revolting.

and don't even get me started on moss. i watched him when i lived in Minnesota and have hated him since his "i play when i want to" mentality started. so he goes from villian of the nfl to savior now since he actually has something to play for? give me a break. espn dogged on this guy his entire career and now they love him because he caught one more pass in 16 games than jerry rice did in 12 games. something espn seems to leave out of their conversations a little too often.

good thing i'm way more into college football, because pro sports makes me go :mikey2: :mikey2: :mikey2: :mikey2:

patriots will be favored by at least 2 touch downs. The patriots are so good, and won every game, but are they as good as everyone thinks they are? If the giants won the super bowl, imagine the look on belliceks face, and imagine how stupid tiki barber will feel for quitting and talking so much trash about manning and coughlin. This really is going to be an awesome super bowl.

wait, you mean belichick's face can look different than it already does? i can't imagine how different his press conference will be, probably be the same old grunting.

i was talking with my brother about the whole tiki situation. the situation just makes me laugh thinking about how much of a fool tiki will feel like if the giants win.

Jealousy does not become you. There are valid arguments on both sides and I could care less either way.

jealousy or not, i just think all people are due the praise they deserve, and brady is getting way too much of it for how he did this year at the expense of other qb's. we're not even getting coverage on garrard's amazing season because everything not patriots related has been deemed unworthy by the media.

IMHO, the greatest qb was marino. he didn't win a single damn ring, but doesn't matter, that man was amazing.

jealousy or not, i just think all people are due the praise they deserve, and brady is getting way too much of it for how he did this year at the expense of other qb's. we're not even getting coverage on garrard's amazing season because everything not patriots related has been deemed unworthy by the media.

IMHO, the greatest qb was marino. he didn't win a single damn ring, but doesn't matter, that man was amazing.

You're going to be so much more pissed when they win :prettyprincess::dance:

Sports = serius bizness

edit: I try and watch my fair share of football with the little free time I have. Out of every QB I've seen play in the last few years Brady is the only one that makes the position look easy. Like you can see him do something ridiculous in a split second (throwing to someone at the last second when he was looking down field the entire time) and go "hey yeah I could probably do that".

You're going to be so much more pissed when they win :prettyprincess::dance:

Sports = serius bizness

edit: I try and watch my fair share of football with the little free time I have. Out of every QB I've seen play in the last few years Brady is the only one that makes the position look easy. Like you can see him do something ridiculous in a split second (throwing to someone at the last second when he was looking down field the entire time) and go "hey yeah I could probably do that".

well the game's on my birthday, so i'm not sure what my friends have in store for me, but i doubt i'll be watching too much of the game to be completely honest with you.

well considering the offensive line that brady has, it's not surprising that he can just stand there and dump off a short pass and have his receiver run 15-20 yards after the catch. this is the one season where i've seen him throw long on a regular basis, and of course he threw to moss in the hopes that he'd be able to up his touchdown count on the year. hence why i call him mr. dump it off. for a guy who has been praised for "spreading it around," throwing ~46% of his passes to moss this year doesn't quite support that claim. again, the media has conveniently forgotten that in 2004 manning had three of his receivers catch over 1000 yards and 10 tds.

well the game's on my birthday, so i'm not sure what my friends have in store for me, but i doubt i'll be watching too much of the game to be completely honest with you.

well considering the offensive line that brady has, it's not surprising that he can just stand there and dump off a short pass and have his receiver run 15-20 yards after the catch. this is the one season where i've seen him throw long on a regular basis, and of course he threw to moss in the hopes that he'd be able to up his touchdown count on the year. hence why i call him mr. dump it off. for a guy who has been praised for "spreading it around," throwing ~46% of his passes to moss this year doesn't quite support that claim. again, the media has conveniently forgotten that in 2004 manning had three of his receivers catch over 1000 yards and 10 tds.

It's the media, what do you expect and who really cares? FWIW I agree that Sportscenter and ESPN blows. The shit they tried to spin after Sean Taylor's death was embarrassing and out right disrespectful. And outside of football Manning is dull. Brady isn't.

i can't even watch sportscenter anymore because of all the patriots love, it sickens me to no end. people need to stop talking about mr. dump it off like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and realize that while he had a good season, it was no where near the extreme efficieny that peyton had in 2004. wow, he threw 1 more touchdown than peyton did in 76 more pass attempts and an extra game. let's not forget peyton's ridiculous passer rating of 121.1, which has yet to be bested. so who really had the better season? manning in 04 or brady in 07. manning hands down. i mean you just can't argue that fact. yet espn, the station that literally bandwagons on the hot shit to date, can't stop spewing shit about the brady bunch it's so revolting.

2 words. Indoor dome. Peyton Manning had a nice warm indoor dome with no wind for all his home games and some of his road games. In other words, ideal conditions for a QB to throw TD passes, especially in the last half of the season when the weather and field conditions tends to turn nasty for outdoor teams. And yet, he only beat Marino by a single TD, and the Dolphins play in an outdoor stadium. Brady also plays in an outdoor stadium, this one in the Northeast where it's cold, windy, and it snows in late season games, and he still beat Peyton's TD numbers. Frankly, I have far more respect for Marino & Brady's TD & passing numbers than I do for Manning's.

let's not also forget that brady accomplished his 50 td season riding belichick's "run it up" offense. "what do you want us to do? kick a field goal?"

anyways, i'm sick of arguing this. i needed to rant and i did so, take it however you want it, but my opinion on brady will never change. college football is where it's at anyways, much more heart than the nfl.

let's not also forget that brady accomplished his 50 td season riding belichick's "run it up" offense. "what do you want us to do? kick a field goal?"

Do want any cheese for all this whining you're doing?

I'm sure if we looked hard enough at Peyton's 04 season we could pick it apart just as easily but what is the friggen point? They're both at the top of their game and either one would flourish on the other's team. You call Brady mister dink and dunk, I call him captain take whatever the other team gives me. Blah blah blah.

let's not forget peyton's ridiculous passer rating of 121.1, which has yet to be bested. so who really had the better season? manning in 04 or brady in 07. manning hands down. i mean you just can't argue that fact.

Manning '04

336/497 (67.6%), 4557 yards, 49 TD (9.9%), 10 INT (2.0%)

9.2 yards per attempt, 13.6 yards per completion, 284.8 yards per game

Passer Rating 121.1

Brady '07

398/578 (68.9%), 4806 yards, 50 TD (8.7%), 8 INT (1.4 %)

8.3 yards per attempt, 12.1 yards per completion, 300.4 yards per game

Passer Rating 117.2

I'd say that it's very easy to argue the fact. The 'ridiculous' passer rating Manning put up isn't that much beyond what Brady did this year. And if you need further proof how fucked up the passer rating stat is, look at those numbers. Brady bested Manning in completion percentage, yards, more touchdowns (though at a lower rate than Manning), fewer interceptions, and more yards per game. Manning has a slight edge in yards per attempt and yards per completion.

Rumor has it that Football Outsiders is going to be doing a weather adjustment tot he DVOA statistics which could be very interesting for comparing teams playing in different conditions.

As a passive observer, I'd say there is only one stat that matters for quarterbacks, and is what should be used to rank them: Wins. I'd say superbowl wins should count more than playoff wins which should count more than regular season wins, but however you count em, football isn't a sport about statistics. It's a team sport where there's a winner and a loser.