Your Most HATED top 40 (Pop) song.

Yikes

Achy Breaky Heart was the first song that popped into my head when I saw the title of this thread. But we've had some real crap: all yacht rock (probably should be called yacht pop, since "rock" it is not), Christopher Cross, Air Supply, Barry Manilow (not everything though -- I like "Mandy" and "I am Music, I write the songs" -- but "Copa Cobana"...? Please make it stop.), the Richie Family, Stars on 45, etc.

"My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. Even though I've never seen Titanic, and plan on never seeing it, the song still makes me sick. "Achy Breaky Heart" edges it out on my hate list, but if I had to watch the music videos for both it would be too close to call.

I finally heard that song for the first time the other day (I've seen it hated before), and I really don't see the problem. It's completely forgettable, in fact, I didn't even notice it was playing -- it was just monotonous.

they played it every single day last summer at my gym, and continue to play it in bursts... it won't die. it's like a ten headed gwen stefani medusa that regenerates each time you suffocate a head in a toilet...

it's reallly horrible. i wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Anything by Cher... her voice actually hurts when I hear it >:(

There was a guy in my dorm when I was in university who played "Believe" by Cher at least 5 times a day, if it weren't for the fact that he was a chick magnet I would've kicked his ass on general principle.

• 1 year later...

I guess I am just in a position where I never listen to non-NPR radio, ever. I don't watch any of the TV music channels, or that much TV to begin with. I have no computer speakers, so no new popular music gets to me on myspace or anything. My friends all listen to kick ass music, and if they don't I quickly shame them with my superior rock knowledge, so that they feel embarassed to play anything that isn't awesome.

Having said that, I do hate the Eagles.

Guest GlendaleViper

Wow. I'm usually too cowardly to say something like that on my own, but since I have company, I will say it loud and proud:

I FUCKIN HATE THE EAGLES!

Wow. I'm usually too cowardly to say something like that on my own, but since I have company, I will say it loud and proud:

I FUCKIN HATE THE EAGLES!

I could care less about the eagles, but I hate the beatles. Ugh, the world will be a better place when boomers stop programming radio stations.