Best Portable DVD player

thrice

So I made a comment about how the portable DVD player my mom got for Christmas was neat. So now they're getting me one for my b-day. I don't know too much about them other than the fact that non of them seem to have decent screens.

So any advice on which I should get. Mom's got a Sony and it seems nice, but are there any models that stand out among the rest?

I'd just make sure you get one with adequate battery life. I borrowed one from a friend for a vacation and the kicker of it was the ~2hr battery life. Nothing like getting 95% of the way through a movie only to have the battery die. Oh, and the optional extra battery cost as much as the player itself! ???

I'd just make sure you get one with adequate battery life. I borrowed one from a friend for a vacation and the kicker of it was the ~2hr battery life. Nothing like getting 95% of the way through a movie only to have the battery die. Oh, and the optional extra battery cost as much as the player itself! ???

BatteryGeek.net

PM Hirsch, he got one that he's pretty happy with. It's not an uber-high-end model, but it crested some threshold for him.

Do y'all have Circuit Cities and Best Buys down there? You might just want to go in and look at the screens, see which one you're happy with.

And what do you mean, your old laptop is on its way out? Are you going to be replacing it?

PM Hirsch, he got one that he's pretty happy with. It's not an uber-high-end model, but it crested some threshold for him.

Do y'all have Circuit Cities and Best Buys down there? You might just want to go in and look at the screens, see which one you're happy with.

And what do you mean, your old laptop is on its way out? Are you going to be replacing it?

Thanks I'll ask Hirsch. No I'm not replacing the laptop...don't really need one right now.

Hmmm, sonic impact huh.... not sure about that though, since it's mostly going to be a stationary thing I'm thinking that a larger screen might be nice. I've got a couple leads on other items as well. I'll swing by the local Best Buy....I was just wondering if anyone owned something they were particularly fond of or thought was good.

You know, looking for people who have actually USED the product ;)O0:kitty::rofl::prettyprincess::popcorn::horsey: