Inexpensive, but decent, CD transport with AES/EBU

philodox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, sorry to hear that. Could it be a relatively easy fix? Have you opened it up?

Sometimes UPS is a bit rough with their packages.

I've opened it up, nothing obvious or stupid like a transport lock screw or anything like that. The tray comes out smoothly for about an inch, binds, stops and returns home. :rant:

And Haj, the seller is conveniently on vacation but I sent an email anyway. I fully expect to get stuffed on this, that's just my luck with sources.

The gears that open and close on one of my Sony players are broken -- it could be something like that? In which case it's fixable. I just need to get around to it, in my case (this is the early CD/SACD player without the DVD functionality, so it's a keeper).

Who knows, the issues are even worse than previously feared. I managed to get the drawer open, it has a SERIOUS tight spot, and even when I can get a CD in there it won't read it. There are no words. :-X

wow, that really sucks... maybe I should have really layed into how crappy those Pioneer transports are... I try not to be a kill-joy when people get new toys, but these damn things suck so much I really should have made an exception.

I've had good luck with www.electronix.com for replacement gears and such...

Eh, don't worry about it. Depending on what happens with the seller I'll more than likely just send it to Noble Electronics, a company founded by former EAD employees who still offer repair and upgrade services. Also, what f'ing kills me is that I elected to pay the guy with Paypal cash rather than use a CC figuring that he's a partner at a law firm, what are the odds he's going to mess around w/ something this trivial? So, hopefully that impression holds true and he'll come through.

Oh, and on another lovely note I just discovered that the chassis is missing a foot. Seriously, what the fuck?

Eh, don't worry about it. Depending on what happens with the seller I'll more than likely just send it to Noble Electronics, a company founded by former EAD employees who still offer repair and upgrade services. Also, what f'ing kills me is that I elected to pay the guy with Paypal cash rather than use a CC figuring that he's a partner at a law firm, what are the odds he's going to mess around w/ something this trivial? So, hopefully that impression holds true and he'll come through.

Oh, and on another lovely note I just discovered that the chassis is missing a foot. Seriously, what the fuck?

f'ing lawyers. You just can't trust 'em.