Anyone know anything about "Websense"?

I don't know anything about Websense but just read a bit in Wikipedia. Here is a pertinent paragraph:

Websense does not merely filter users' Internet use ? it also tracks it. According to the company website, "Included at no extra charge with all Websense products" are tools for "comprehensive reporting on the endpoint" with drill-down features to "access data by risk class, category, URL, application, user, workstation, dates, and more."[2] Thus, it is quite easy for administrators to see exactly what users are going where on the Internet.

So yes, it also tracks where users are going. If you are worried, I suggest you read the entire Wikipedia entry and maybe other information that you can find on google.

To think that I once felt guilty working on software for delivering targeted ads. That's nothing compared to this. All of the people that worked for this will be going to hell for sure. >:D >:D>:D

P.S. The ad software was never released, so no harm was done.

P.S. The ad software was never released, so no harm was done.

Ads are generally OK, as long as you are not advertising to increase the size of my "pants monster".

But seriously, I am not happy about my company spying on me. I mean, if I want to spend 5 out of 10 work hours wasting time online, how is it any of their business?

Ads are generally OK, as long as you are not advertising to increase the size of my "pants monster".

But seriously, I am not happy about my company spying on me. I mean, if I want to spend 5 out of 10 work hours wasting time online, how is it any of their business?

Well, if its like a desk job or something.. I would understand that it doesn't matter as long as you finish your work.. however imagine.. some kid at a skateboard shop (changes of them using Websense is like.. none lol) and he spends his time on Facebook instead of talking to the customers and gets paid hourly. Big difference there =\