Something funny happens when I whistle

thrice

Well, I've got a Dr. appt. today so we'll see. My ear feels "thick" for lack of a better word, almost blocked up, although I think I can hear the same volume out of the right ear as the left. My co-worker just got over an ear infection as did my bosses wife. Each of them had tinnitus and a little vertigo as a result. I don't have any vertigo, but I'm hoping this is all because of an ear infection and not permanent damage. I've always taken good care of my ears, plugs at concerts, reasonable volume when listening to headphones....etc. I hope to have a lifetime of ring-free hearing...we'll see.

Well, looks like this is going to go away of it's own accord...at least that's what the doctor thinks. She mentioned that sometimes flying can cause temporary tinnitus due the the change in air pressure. If it's still there in two weeks I go back for hearing tests.

Since there isn't an infection or perforation in my eardrum and I'm not experiencing vertigo that's the skinny. I've been told to take some Sudafed, that might help a bit if there's an congestion that's causing it.

Annoying, but I'm glad they can't find anything terribly wrong with me. So I'll just sit it out and take it easy on the headphones for awhile....oh yeah, NC meet this weekend that I'm hosting....argh!

Well, looks like this is going to go away of it's own accord...at least that's what the doctor thinks. She mentioned that sometimes flying can cause temporary tinnitus due the the change in air pressure. If it's still there in two weeks I go back for hearing tests.

Since there isn't an infection or perforation in my eardrum and I'm not experiencing vertigo that's the skinny. I've been told to take some Sudafed, that might help a bit if there's an congestion that's causing it.

Annoying, but I'm glad they can't find anything terribly wrong with me. So I'll just sit it out and take it easy on the headphones for awhile....oh yeah, NC meet this weekend that I'm hosting....argh!

Ah of course flying. I used to get it temporarily after landing when I used to fly a lot, but I attributed it to jet lag instead of pressure changes. Yay thrice! :prettyprincess:

LOLZ.

Actually it's cleared up nicely. Was there a little bit today but it seems to be gone now. I'll take it easy tomorrow at the NC meet, but damn that was scary for awhile there. I've always said to my wife that I could lose my sight, touch, taste, smell, but jebus don't take music away from me.

LOLZ.

<snip>

I've always said to my wife that I could lose my sight, touch, taste, smell, but jebus don't take music away from me.

If you lose taste or smell you'll no longer be enjoying any more Plinys, either Elder or Younger (Russian River Brewing Company). Are you sure you could give that up too?? Sure, I believe that! >:D