The Emmeline II B-52

tiberian

Guest sacd lover

you know at one point i tried to explain all the drama on head-fi to a newbie and at one point he stopped me and said "whatever, it had nothing to do with headphones."

you know, that's kinda right. if it sounds good, enjoy it. if you bought a crap product, dump it. screw what's going on otherwise if you want to stay sane, i say!

Thats all fine and well ..... if you are not the target. But become target and see if your attitude is "whatever". The fact is ...... there are agendas and pretending they dont exist or ignoring them gets you what? ..... draw in a post like this that has absolutely nothing to do with you. I have said nothing prior in this thread about RSA, yet somehow, I become the focal point of alleged misdeeds because someone wants to justify their point of view. In fact, I have steadfastly avoided all of the negative posts regarding RSA in this forum. But has that mattered??

I have tried your look the other way solution. But the reality is people will say whatever furthers their agenda with no respect for the truth. So you end up with two choices ..... stand up and say thats BS ..... or expect the uninformed people, and possibly even informed people, to accept whatever was said as true. I got involved in the forums because I love audio and you are right .... what do all these agendas have to do with headphones? Nothing ..... unfortunately, I end up defending my character and reputation instead of posting something positive and relevant

But this is not going to continue at my expense ..... not anymore. I have had enough. I have held my tongue and let it go to many times. If I see this character assasination again I will respond each and every time.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even when it gets personal, I try to ignore it. You never know where people are coming from, but why give them the satisfaction, right? People try to give me crap about things TOTALLY unrelated to headphones when I argue a headphone-related thing (usually they fall back on the fact that i'm a post count whore or spammer of some sort) but i take a "been there, done that" approach and just steamroller right over it and keep addressing only the points with merit - like, the fact that a portable amp is better off with less doodads on it.

Allow me to tell you a story.

There once was a guy, and he had a girlfriend. And he had a "mistress" on the side. Most of us knew. When he left the girlfriend, he didn't start being truly open about the mistress, but started a relationship with another girlfriend. Well, this girlfriend started talking shit about the "mistress" -- tramp, whore, etc. But also just generally mean and bad things. And we were like, no -- I mean, yeah, about the tramp part, that's why he went to her. Because he wasn't getting what he needed from the first girlfriend. But that doesn't make her a bad person.

Well, I have since stopped being friend with boyfriend and girlfriend, and am now pretty good friends with "mistress". Do you know what? She's a really nice person. And no, I'm not sleeping with her. She got a little messed up by that (sort of like sleeping with a married man), but she's over it (happily married now, herself -- to someone else).

Here's the funny part -- I was surprised to find out she was a nice person. Even though I didn't believe gf#2, she still repeated it enough times that I began to believe it, subconsciously.

So, moral of the story? If you repeat something enough times, people will believe it. If you repeat something enough times -- even if it isn't true -- people will believe it. If you repeat something enough times, with enough emphasis, people will believe it.

Goebel knew. Hitler knew. It's a war of words, and it has to be fought. The unfortunate part is -- no-one wins.

LOL

Sacd..Earl..dude what I meant was the closest these two guys came was that...and I even said think what you want and pointed damm well I could not give a shit who did what..like I told you before on the phone...

Ok let me read the rest of these posts....here

Yeah SACD sorry man..you took me wrong...

Hey I didn't drive out to Ohio to start shit with any of you guys, I wanted to end the crap and either know it looks a lot like I like to piss people off I don't..

like I said that is the closest these two guys came..that's about it.

As far as competing products I think the only thing all the amp makers is sell an amp, but each maker offers different stuff and features no one else does..

Thin about the makers and what they offer..

Ray has a buy once and leave it amp..only one way to buy it.

Mikhail has a completely custom built amp, you want this and that in your product he is your man.

Xin sort of the same concept SP has but only with portable.

HR has crossfeed and dacs with module upgrades and such.

Jan Meier has....not sure what he has..lol

Eddie Current has low priced thrown together amps that sound great.

Headamp has solid states and electro's with a KG design but a great build (instead of someone dealing with the likes of people like trevnetwork..they go to him).

even the new guy Blackie offers not only an amp but a art peice.

sure they all sell amps but each guys amps with there features are so different...

well one can buy one of everything and live happily...hmm I wish I could (no funds).

"Words of wisdom, Lloyd. Words of wisdom."

While no one wins in war of words, the alternative of forced (moderated) silence just makes it build up until it explodes.

So, moral of the story? If you repeat something enough times, people will believe it. If you repeat something enough times -- even if it isn't true -- people will believe it. If you repeat something enough times, with enough emphasis, people will believe it.

Goebel knew. Hitler knew. It's a war of words, and it has to be fought. The unfortunate part is -- no-one wins.

Ray will never even think to compete with Mikhail. Ray and Mikhail are two different types of people running two totally different companies marketed towards two totally different people.

If Ray never thought to compete with Mikhail then why has he so adamantly tried to put him out of business? Why did he go to Srajan of 6Moons badmouthing Mikhail and his designs? I've heard numerous stories from various members about Ray's tirades about Mikhail. If Ray isn't trying to compete with Mikahail then why does he seem to care so much about him and his company?

Billy, I just have to say, you have got to be the biggest numbnut to ever hit the headphone forums. Seriously, do you think anyone who was around during the "amp wars" believes any of your bullshit? You yourself were instrumental in stoking the fire and starting much of the shit and in addition to Tuberoller and Ray I lay much of the blame for the state of affairs at your feet.

If Ray never thought to compete with Mikhail then why has he so adamantly tried to put him out of business?

Same reason ray beat the hell out of his fanboy aaron to comp him the table at the national meet.

Jude has allowed ray to believe that he is god's gift to headphone amplifiers, and he deserves special treatment.

Someone should go over the books from the meet to see if ray actually got his table for free, and if not, who

actually paid for it.

If jude actually had any brains he would allow some real discussion of the possible failings of many amplifiers

from many different companies. In this way the consumer would actually benefit with better product.

If Ray never thought to compete with Mikhail then why has he so adamantly tried to put him out of business? Why did he go to Srajan of 6Moons badmouthing Mikhail and his designs?

FUnny you should say that..first off to the fullest of my actual knowledge Ray did not go to Sarjan..most likely someone named out of the three people would be my guess who did..but I actually have no proof of any. But I do know Sarjan note that was made around the time of the singlepower pic post I made (regretfully, yes I said I was sorry to Mikhail's face without lie). I got a p.m. threw head-fi from Angel Teres saying that Sarjan made a public post and had a link...which I then phoned Ray and told him. I sent him the p.m. and after he read the link on the phone he said "omg Belly..." of course he followed up with a few ha ha's..but that's the best of Ray going anywhere to Sarjan.

Also May I note here that I dont actually know Sarjan but from what I heard (non head-fi people) is if you lie to him or somehow make him feel like you screwed him...well that's the last review youll get in the industry sort to say..if that's not true or it is..I dont know. but what I do know Mikhail told Sarjan not to open the amp under review because of a patent or something..well if you seen the pics and read that thread (which stated the patent issue heavily truth or lie) then what would you of done...then again that's basiclly Mikhail shooting himself in the foot for the public note from Sarjan about his review recall (if you can call it that). either way Mikhail has a new review and the award was never taken away so I guess its all good there now...plus of course Mikhail made out like a bandit after the pic post, in which I am glad and not surprised a great salesman would do.

now if you know anything then please post away in the ruh duh post..please back up your statements about someone who is not on the boards..

I've heard numerous stories from various members about Ray's tirades about Mikhail. If Ray isn't trying to compete with Mikahail then why does he seem to care so much about him and his company?

Only if that question could be answered by me.....ask Ray

Billy, I just have to say, you have got to be the biggest numbnut to ever hit the headphone forums. Seriously, do you think anyone who was around during the "amp wars" believes any of your bullshit? You yourself were instrumental in stoking the fire and starting much of the shit and in addition to Tuberoller and Ray I lay much of the blame for the state of affairs at your feet.

Honestly you showed who you are rite here rite infront of the boards...Putting people down and calling names only shows so much little of the person doing the name calling. but thanks for the compliment of being called the "biggest"...of something (hell I will take anything these days).

Same reason ray beat the hell out of his fanboy aaron to comp him the table at the national meet.

Jude has allowed ray to believe that he is god's gift to headphone amplifiers, and he deserves special treatment.

Someone should go over the books from the meet to see if ray actually got his table for free, and if not, who

actually paid for it.

If jude actually had any brains he would allow some real discussion of the possible failings of many amplifiers

from many different companies. In this way the consumer would actually benefit with better product.

well Aaron on the boards...get him in here to answer it..get Jude (also on theses boards) to answer it..

Hell since your the guy with the shcematics of his amps surely you can dig some proof on this rite?

go for it..You made a statement now back it up! that info has to be public I am sure..

Guest sacd lover

More BS Billy >:( .... the salesman spin is just that. Mikhail actually does build the amps and you are well aware of that from our private conversations. Do you think you can just hire anyone off the street to do the ES-1 and SDS-XLR builds? Conversely, you told me, Ray told you, he farms his builds out. Then you added Ray's son told you Ray does build them. So who is the builder and who is the salesman and who to believe in that household? ::)

You also told me about all the build issues with the hornet and how Ray sold them anyway nothing full well there were issues .... does the intermittant or dead output jacks ring a bell. Remember your angst, that you described to me, because your brother bought a hornet and was having chronic problems with the hornet; at your recommendation. In fact, you mentioned this yourself here on this very board.

If Ray builds them why didnt he fix them. I see two possibilities .... he didnt build them or he didnt know how to fix them. Neither of those possibilities jive with whats represented on head-fi. Ray's wonderful build quality? Ray's engineering knowledge? Actually there is a third possibility .... could be he didnt care enough about his prosprective buyers to deal with the concers. I really would rather not think that but the more I see this scenario progress the more I wonder whats the real truth. So .... excuse me if I dont see RSA as the cutting edge in headphone design, implementation or value.

Like I said before .... no more spin and no more lies. I am sick of the lies. By the way Angel Teres = tuberoller according to you. So the Sarjan situation was orchestrated by tuberoller and the express purpose was to attack and undermine Singlepower. Is there any disputing that?

How does that speak to the whole amps wars issue? Where were all the attacks coming from? There never was any war .... just underhanded and one sided business tactics at tuberollers direction. Was Ray innocent .... I hope so?

Mikhail is to busy working 14 hours a day and to classy an individual to get caught up in this nonsense. Ray would do his self well to follow Mikhail's example.

More BS Billy >:( .... the salesman spin is just that. Mikhail actually does build the amps and you are well aware of that from our private conversations. Do you think you can just hire anyone off the street to do the ES-1 and SDS-XLR builds? Conversely, you told me, Ray told you, he farms his builds out. Then you added Ray's son told you Ray does build them. So who is the builder and who is the salesman and who to believe in that household? ::)

You also told me about all the build issues with the hornet and how Ray sold them anyway nothing full well there were issues .... does the intermittant or dead output jacks ring a bell. Remember your angst, that you described to me, because your brother bought a hornet and was having chronic problems with the hornet; at your recommendation. In fact, you mentioned this yourself here on this very board.

If Ray builds them why didnt he fix them. I see two possibilities .... he didnt build them or he didnt know how to fix them. Neither of those possibilities jive with whats represented on head-fi. Ray's wonderful build quality? Ray's engineering knowledge? Actually there is a third possibility .... could be he didnt care enough about his prosprective buyers to deal with the concers. I really would rather not think that but the more I see this scenario progress the more I wonder whats the real truth. So .... excuse me if I dont see RSA as the cutting edge in headphone design, implementation or value.

Like I said before .... no more spin and no more lies. I am sick of the lies. By the way Angel Teres = tuberoller according to you. So the Sarjan situation was orchestrated by tuberoller and the express purpose was to attack and undermine Singlepower. Is there any disputing that?

How does that speak to the whole amps wars issue? Where were all the attacks coming from? There never was any war .... just underhanded and one sided business tactics at tuberollers direction. Was Ray innocent .... I hope so?

Mikhail is to busy working 14 hours a day and to classy an individual to get caught up in this nonsense. Ray would do his self well to follow Mikhail's example.

sacd or should I call you by the name here...Xerox?

you really want me to respond to this? honestly it has nothing to do with the point of any reply here and all it is, is just a "take his word and twist it around" tactic...

Again you also showed yourself to be who you really are huh?

I mean I can respond quote to quote if you really want me to get down on your level...

unlike some I will talk back to you and your amazingly non postal shit you just posted..

Here I will give you a small sample of your tactics turned around

More BS Billy >:( .... the salesman spin is just that. Mikhail actually does build the amps and you are well aware of that from our private conversations. Do you think you can just hire anyone off the street to do the ES-1 and SDS-XLR builds?

First off anyone that has a business has to either have or be a salesmen to sell their good or service. i said it many times over and over again Mikhail is an amazing salesman (something I also said I looked up to and respect) like Tyll is a great marketer..

no body esp myself said anything about Mikhail about building anything...why would you throw that in? common thought would be of course he does...so why would you put that in?

you told me, Ray told you, he farms his builds out. Then you added Ray's son told you Ray does build them. So who is the builder and who is the salesman and who to believe in that household? ::) ?

Actually No what I said on the phone was "he does not have anyone else build"...nice little turn around of my words huh....again this shows you who you are buddy..it does..rite in front of your "cool head-fiers in no order" group~!

want me to go on?

you know whats the best part of your post?

shows that even with the moderator bullshit of headfi supposedly all for RSA type shit only helps you Earl...helps you from opening your mouth and showing the real stripes you showed here. on headfi your every new guys best friend..and that's great but oh if the mods let you talk you wouldn't look so pretty now huh?

BTW: the Xerox is a joke...

Guest sacd lover

sacd or should I call you by the name here...Xerox?

you really want me to respond to this? honestly it has nothing to do with the point of any reply here and all it is, is just a "take his word and twist it around" tactic...

Again you also showed yourself to be who you really are huh?

I mean I can respond quote to quote if you really want me to get down on your level...

unlike some I will talk back to you and your amazingly non postal shit you just posted..

Here I will give you a small sample of your tactics turned around

First off anyone that has a business has to either have or be a salesmen to sell their good or service. i said it many times over and over again Mikhail is an amazing salesman (something I also said I looked up to and respect) like Tyll is a great marketer..

no body esp myself said anything about Mikhail about building anything...why would you throw that in? common thought would be of course he does...so why would you put that in?

Actually No what I said on the phone was "he does not have anyone else build"...nice little turn around of my words huh....again this shows you who you are buddy..it does..rite in front of your "cool head-fiers in no order" group~!

want me to go on?

you know whats the best part of your post?

shows that even with the moderator bullshit of headfi supposedly all for RSA type shit only helps you Earl...helps you from opening your mouth and showing the real stripes you showed here. on headfi your every new guys best friend..and that's great but oh if the mods let you talk you wouldn't look so pretty now huh?

BTW: the Xerox is a joke...

Showed myself to be who I really am .... and who is that? How about some substance instead of this .... Earl you are this bad person copout. I was not the person running my mouth I am the person asking you why you were.

You forget I told you people had emailed me copies of some of your chat discussions where you have claimed Mikhail doesnt build the amps, not to mention numerous comments about me. I still have them if you care to see them. Would you care if I posted them .... there is nothing better than fact? But, I basically let that go for the sake of attempting a friendly relationship rather than an antagonistic relationship when we met in Cinci. I have been aware of you pushing this Mikhail is just a salesmen only claim before. This take others build Singlepower amps and he just sells .... as I said before ..... couldnt be further from the truth. But you know that yet you still persist with the veiled insinuations. Singlepowers staus is the result of a superior designer/ builder .... not a superior salesman.

So go on .... this should be good. But how about staying on topic instead of going off on tangents that I cant seem to decipher. What about Angel Teres? You didnt like the hornet before .... now has that suddenly changed? Real sripes .... whats untrue that I have said? You definitely said Ray told you he has the amps built by some company or some by sort of assembly. You said, it was Ray trying to act big because at some point his son told you Ray did build them. But the fact is Ray told you he farmed the builds out. You seem to believe he does build them based on the sons comments. How do you know his son isnt the one who wanted Ray to appear BIG? I guess I have this bad habit of trusting what comes directly from the someones mouth AND NOT HEARSAY.

Furthermore, maybe I should clarify what I have a problem with .... because you didnt seem to get it. I dont like these off hand comments or insinuations that you throw out with zero proof. As Dusty Chalk pointed out these little comments have a way of becoming fact when they are nothing than more opinion or worse yet ... speculation. The little scenario you outlined regarding competition claiming it was timing or I was a shill goes beyond speculation into the fantasy realm. No proof, no motive, no rationale ..... just a subtle but ugly little shot at my character. Do you realize your scenario implies a relationship that doesnt exist. Your scenario implies PREMEDITATED manipulation. Your scenario implies actively monitoring another business activities for tactical purposes. Your scenario implies working to undermine an individual I have no ties to .... and I could continue. Does this make any sense why I am so irritated with you?

If you want to have your battles with KG go ahead. But dont dream up some BS that includes me to have an answer for his assertions. Moreover, I am not in the least concerned with what people think. I am concerned about the truth. Its about time some becomes available.

FUnny you should say that..first off to the fullest of my actual knowledge Ray did not go to Sarjan..most likely someone named out of the three people would be my guess who did..but I actually have no proof of any. But I do know Sarjan note that was made around the time of the singlepower pic post I made (regretfully, yes I said I was sorry to Mikhail's face without lie). I got a p.m. threw head-fi from Angel Teres saying that Sarjan made a public post and had a link...which I then phoned Ray and told him. I sent him the p.m. and after he read the link on the phone he said "omg Belly..." of course he followed up with a few ha ha's..but that's the best of Ray going anywhere to Sarjan.

Before the MPX3 review was even posted I was talking with someone independant of the situation but who has some contacts within the industry, he told me that Ray and Tuberoller had contacted Srajan badmouthing he and his amps. After the review was posted and the blow up on Head-Fi as you noted Srajan posted a note in the Letters column of 6Moons, here's a line from that note "Having first rejected these claims as attempts by a competitor to discredit SinglePower..." Given that to my knowledege no other competitor was out to discredit Singlepower and the independant information about Ray and Tuberoller contacting Srajan I was provided with before the review was even posted it seems pretty safe to assume the competitor Srajan is refering to is actually Ray.

You like to make yourself seem like such an innocent in all this when it's you who stirred the pot in the first place. It was you who initially posted a bunch of BS on Audio Circles that started a big war of words which proceeded the amp wars on Head-Fi which by the way made you like a complete fool because you were posting BS about amps you hadn't even heard. I would have thought you would have learned something from that but no you then went on to post the internal pics on Head-Fi which sparked the "amp wars". You've done nothing but try to manipulate the situation to your and Rays favor and to make people like Earl and Mikhail look bad so excuse me if I have a hard time believing you aren't a shill and that you've really meant no harm. No, you're not innocent in all this you're just a tool, a tool in every sense of the word.

Honestly you showed who you are rite here rite infront of the boards...Putting people down and calling names only shows so much little of the person doing the name calling. but thanks for the compliment of being called the "biggest"...of something (hell I will take anything these days).

Now ain't that just the pot calling the kettle black. Sorry if the truth hurts. ::)

This is suppose to be about the b52 amp or whatever it's called.

I didn not come to read about mikhail versus Ray, Billy V Earl or whatever else.

If you want to continue this kind of posting then set up a seperate thread Singlepower V RSA. At least the majority of comments in this thread would be on topic in that thread.

Personally I cannot believe that you would carry this thing over from headfi and bring it here.

Here is my version of what i think john broksie would do for a balanced amplifier in a similar vain as ray.

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/broksiebal.gif

Its probably significantly more advanced than ray's design. Certainly lower in distortion.

I'm pretty sure ray would be using a bottom driven srpp design as the output section

instead.