Anyone catching new series Breaking Bad?

Pars

Great to have this back on, though bittersweet in the fact that it is ending. Story line would not support more than this (not sure it supported it this far to be fair). Good 1st episode though!

Anyone catch the new series following it? Low Winter Sun? Didn't watch the whole thing, but looks promising! My wife is beginning to hate me... everything I like is "very dark" :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the pacing what bothered you? I liked it, mostly because...

(not really a spoiler) you get a continuing encompassing look at the seeds they've sowed and what keeps them in. Also if twitchy Lydia was a wonderful wildcard, dead-eyed Todd has blossomed into wildcard dynamite.

Edited by blessingx

You meant to say Todd, that Opie, dead-eyed piece of shit.  Yeah, he is a wildcard and scary and I actually thought Uncle Jack might kill him in that episode, but Todd's greed and desire for Lydia saved him.  

The storyline is great and I felt like this was the necessary setup -- putting everybody in their places (or out of the mix like Saul) for the final showdown -- but it wasn't as compelling or intense as last week.  Also, I am sentimental and have my own issues, but I wished that Junior hadn't wished his dad dead.  The last ep should be amazing and wild.

Can't wait.