Guns Are Fun, mmmkay?

guzziguy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember cleaning the gun as a problem. The user servicable parts are fairly simple. I guess I use longer time to clean a rifle than we used to clean the bore of the M109, but of course there was several people doing the job.

What was far worse was after an excerices when everything had to be cleaned for inspection. The tracks can keep a lot of dirt, and the tracks has some rubber pads. Someone seemed to believe that everything was much better when they was black. Hmmm, where did all the shoe polish go ???

Luckily (in that regard) I spent most of my time in the observation post. We only had a Mercedes, a laser and a couple of radios and was able to cary all our gear (except the Mercedes :) ) .

Guys liking the big guns. How cliche. ;D I like little guns. I used to mess around with a SIG-Sauer P225, and a Glock 19, but it's been awhile. I haven't even been to a range in years. That can quickly turn into a real expensive hobby. As mentioned, SFla Chris said he'd go with me, but then there's the he's married obstacle, and as I value my guys friends, I pretty much do only wife-approved activities. We'll see. Maybe she'll want to go too.

I have had one and never could get used to it. The nicest H&K I have owned Is a P9 with target sites in .45

I have only owned 1 hk. My tactical. One day I'll get a supressor for it.

It's my wannabe gun :). I have the flash suppressor, tac lite, 3 12 and 3 10 rd mags, thigh holster (which has space for mounted light) and concealed carry holster for it :)

When I carry it's either that, my 629, or my combat commander.

i've shot P7s a few times and, while i think they are a lot of fun, i think the manual of arms would be too different for me to rely on one. great looking set up, though, VPI :)

That's the big advantage, really. Makes it less likely it can get used against you.

i'm bulky, so i can also conceal a full size 1911 pretty well, which helps. gawd i love 1911s (hi-powers are fun, too). gimme ol' slab sides over a plastic fantastic, any day (as long as the slab sides in question is reliable and shoots straight, of course).

you mean one of these?

http://www.swisherpens.com/catalog/sailor/sailor-1911-fountain-pen.htm

more like one of these.

192bigug3.jpg

that's a Dane Burns. he does amazing work.

That is beautiful. I have a few semi-customs Ed Brown, Nighthawk, etc. but I have not yet made the leap to have a "one off" gun built to my preferences. I hope to change that at some point.

Other than looks and a very slight weight saving are there any advantages to the trigger or hammer having holes through them ?

Also does that texture displayed on the wooden panels have a specific name ?

p.s. I had to search the web for a while to find the name for the "hammer", there is virtually no exposure to guns outwith military service in this country.