Recommend indoor FM antenna

guzziguy

I have gone through most of the indoor antennas and I found that a simple folded dipole provides the best sound. The signal might not read as high as some of the whip antennas but the sound is much better with a dipole. I buy mine at Radio Shack for 5 dollars. I have the Magnum Dynalab whip but I do not use it.

You can cut the Radio Shack unit down a bit to get the proper dimensions after you search the web and learn the proper dipole size for picking up the stations you are most interested in. I have never bothered with that.

I have never had any luck at all with powered antennas so I steer clear of them as they only seem to amplify the parts of the signal I want to avoid.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I recently picked up a Kenwood KT-7300 tuner to listen to local NPR stations, only to find that their signal is too week to come in clearly at my home. On that end, I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with Magnun Daynalab SR-100? It's not too expensive ($35) and, amazingly enough, my local RatShack stores had no FM dipoles in stock. The sales folks looked up me bit oddly when I asked about FM dipole/antenna - I'm wondering when was the last time they had someone come in looking for one.