Rotary switches.

Smeggy

DIY Gods,

I'm trying to find out if there are any good but not excessively expensive 3-way rotary speaker output selector switches available that any of you DIYers may know about.

I'll also want a regular 3-way rotary input selector switch but have no idea which are decent and which are crap.

My plan is to eventually integrate a Stax transformer, headphone transformer and regular speaker outs in an amp and want to have a nice big selector knob for them. That way I can have one integrated amp that can run anything I'm ever likely to own and have ample power to drive any and all difficult loads.

Any recommendations?

Check the Electroswitch C4 Series that is carried by Mouser. You should be able to configure that to fit your needs. Ask if you need help.

I've used those before, they're just fine....make sure you get solder lug termination and not PC board termination. The solder lug is a little loop of metal you thread your wire through and solder...the PC Board termination is a straight piece of metal that would go into a printed circuit board. You can still attacha wire to it, but it becomes a pain in the ass.